Katana Zero's Sword
Adds a one-handed katana that functions similar to the default sword in Katana Zero. The weapon deals damage comparable to that of the Violium Broadsword.
This is still the first version, and will be subject to change. I recommend using this with the wall jump tech.
Recommended Mods to use with this mod:
- Less Floaty Movement: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738546784
- Freedom of Movement: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734173371
- Katana ZERO: Zero's Hair: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1888646331
- Time Control Tech: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740266309
This mod is server-side.
Mods that edit
are likely incompatible with this mod.
(The mentioned files are untouched by this mod, but the weapon bases its weapon script and combo animation on the two files.)
Zero's katana functions similarly to his sword from Katana Zero:
- This katana features a spammable and aimable slash that adds momentum to your character.
- Your slash carries you farther and faster if it is your first slash since landing on the ground. You can utilize this as an effective second/third jump.
(Warning: You can damage yourself if you slash downwards this way.)You could slash immediately after to reset your falling speed just in case though.- Slashing mid-air after the first slash changes your aerial velocity and can break your fall.
Note: This mechanic has been designed such that you can't hover indefinitely with the sword. (But you can use it to maneuver you through zero-g areas.)
- The slash can also parry enemies and projectiles.
- If anything that can damage you is within the slash's hurtbox, it parries it and prevents it from damaging you.
Note: The hurtbox reaches behind you.
Note/bug: This also means spikes. I'm still figuring out how to detect if the parried damage source is a projectile.
- Parrying launches an energy kunai towards the direction of your attack.
- The katana is one-handed. If in Katana Zero you can pick up objects and throw them, you can emulate that in Starbound by equipping a throwable/ranged weapon on your right hand. (Note: lamp and bottle throwables are not included in this mod.)
- Essentially, this sword is the one-handed version of Fifteen's katana.
Fifteen's katana functions similarly to his sword from Katana Zero:
- Besides all the features described above, Fifteen's katana features an infinite-range instant blink-slash ability called "Dragon Dash".
- Dragon Dash teleports you to where your mouse cursor is.
- If the cursor is out of your character's sight, it teleports you to the most valid place before the obstructing structure.
- If it cannot find a valid place to teleport you, you execute a non-parrying slash and consume energy, but you can recast the ability immediately again.
- The dash resets your momentum; you can teleport towards the ground without suffering fall damage.
> Note: There will be an indicator that shows where you will end up after using the ability, as well as the trajectory of the slash projectile.
> Warning: This ability is quite buggy. Bugs will be listed in the Technical Discussions.
- After arriving at your destination, a projectile spawns from where you came from and swiftly flies to where you are, hitting all enemies in its path.
> Note: If you attempt to teleport extreme distances, the projectile may not catch up with you, since the projectile's speed is dependent on the distance you teleported; engine limitations can only allow for a maximum speed.
- Neither the projectile nor the slash can parry.
- This ability has a 1.2 second cooldown, roughly the same duration as that in Katana Zero. The ability also consumes 40 energy and has a base damage of 15.
Zero's katana can be crafted at the Replicator with the Separator addon for the following materials:
- 15 Refined Violium
- 15 Durasteel Bars
- 15 Green Stims
- 5 Cell Matter
- 5 Venom Samples
- 1 Static Cell
- 1 Cryonic Extract
- 1 Phase Matter
Fifteen's katana can be crafted at the Replicator with the Separator addon for the following materials:
- 1 Katana Zero (Zero's Sword)
- 5 Green Stims
- 1 Cell Matter
- 1 Venom Samples
- 1 Static Cell
- 1 Cryonic Extract
- 1 Phase Matter
Zero's katana ("Katana Zero") can be spawned with `\admin` mode using \spawnitem katanazero
Fifteen's katana ("Katana Fifteen") can be spawned with `\admin` mode using \spawnitem katanafifteen
- Askiisoft: for the idea and the sound effects
- Nebulox: Code snippets from their Star Vestige mod, check it out: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1986349869&searchtext=katana
- Anter583: Code snippets from their Rod of Discord mod, check it out: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2173084842
- dragon, Silver Sokolova and Hubnester for helping me with the ability indicator
- Starbound Discord Community for helping me make this mod.
- You are allowed to alter, edit and publish this mod without my permission, but
You are REQUIRED to credit the people I credited above.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Katana Zero's Sword v1.0.2
Adds the sword from Katana Zero along with its mechanics.