1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirhos [Discontinued] 0.5 FINAL (1.0 Compat)

Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

1. See you, space cowboy

Yako
    TL;DR: I will not be updating the Kirhos after this. I have changed permissions so that other people can continue working on this mod & redistribute the assets without needing to ask me. This version download includes both the modpak itself and the unpacked source for the mod both for pre-1.0 and 1.0. If you wish to continue following my creative work (including future plans for Kirhos continuation), you can find me on Twitter (@yakomeg) or on Tumblr (yyako).

Before I begin: This wasn't an easy choice to make. It has nothing to do with a lack of personal interest in the species themselves; I love my cyberpunk rats. And the community, while small, has been amazing to me. It doesn't even have anything to do with having a job or other projects.

Simply put, I have very strong and very negative feelings about Starbound 1.0. [You can read a summary of my experience here].

I don't want to be modding a game I will absolutely hate finding bugfixes for, and I feel like many of the changes story-wise, on the frontend and backend, severely limit what I'll be able to accomplish with the flavor of the race. Honestly I'd really prefer if I didn't have to update the mod for version 1.0-- removing the AI dialog, in particular, was a little heartbreaking-- but I said I'd do it, so I'll do it.

This will, however, be the last official release of the Kirhos. As I mentioned in the tl;dr, I'm allowing others to update it in my absence should they want to do so. Maybe someone else can make the ship not look bad! (A girl can dream, right?)

I already have ideas about where I'd like to take the Kirhos post-Starbound. I'm keeping it under wraps (kinda), but I do bounce ideas around on Twitter! I also post things that are too long for Twitter, like concept art, on Tumblr.

Thank you all so much for your support. I wouldn't have gotten this far without you. This is rather bittersweet for me, and I hope that, even though this news is sad, you too can find some goodness in it.

Signing off as always, cheers.
    MrChow, Kelthazan, haynesy566 and 3 others like this.
Return to update list...