1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirhos [Discontinued] 0.5 FINAL (1.0 Compat)

Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

1. Happy American Food Weekend

Yako
    As an American, I ended up not having time this week to work on a real update for the Kirhos in addition to visiting family for Thanksgiving. I've started work on tier 4 of the ship, but it's not ready to launch yet. Next week, hopefully-- until then, have a nice weekend!
    [​IMG]
    The Kirhos don't have a sit-and-eat holiday, but they have several Black Friday-style events, all of which have yearly non-zero...
  2. Ship Alignment fix

Yako
    It was brought to my attention yesterday that the newest version of the ship was misaligned for tiers 1-3. That's fixed now. Enjoy the properly-aligned ship!
  3. Ship & Maintenance!

Yako
    Changelog:
    • Tier 3 of the Kirhosi Ship is, for all intents and purposes, finished. Currently tiers 1&2 use the same model, but I'm hoping to change that over to a broken ship soon.
    • The ship now correctly spawns with its booster flames.
    • Several sound effects have been changed from ".wav" to ".ogg" extensions. I haven't tested whether or not this is an issue in Stable yet, but if that's the case I'll go back to two mod versions.
    • The SAIL's error codes now have spaces...
  4. The Ship Looks Better

Yako
    As it's the most requested feature for the Kirhos by a landslide, I've decided to go back and make the ship not a work in progess. This update improves tiers 1-3. They're still WIP, but the difference is substantial!

[​IMG]

I haven't done general mod maintenance in a while, and I noticed a bunch of things that need fixing when putting the new ship in the game, so the next update will probably just be taking care of that....
  5. Armor & A Teaser

Yako
    Changes in this update:
    • Tier 4 armor is now finished sprite-wise.
    • Tier 4 armor has been recolored to match other durasteel armors.
    • Armor tiers 4 and 3 have been given dyeable channels.
    • Armor tiers 4 and 2 now have appropriate thumbnails.
    And that's all that's in the game right now! But you know, I'm in the mood to tease some upcoming changes...

[​IMG]
  6. Chugging Along

Yako
    You know the drill: The front arm of the tier 4 armor is now complete; in addition, I've made a few tweaks to the pants to make the legs appear more digitigrade.

We're almost out of the boring part of modwork. Hooray!
  7. Bugfix and Armor

Yako
    Hey all! I think this week went better with my scheduling so here's hoping to more productive updates in the weeks ahead~

• Tier 4's leg armor is done, and I'm currently working on replacing the front arm on T4.
    • The SAIL was previously giving outdated lists of upgrade materials; her dialogue has been fixed to reflect the correct items/amounts.
    Enjoy!
  8. Another Small Update

Yako
    The Tier 4 armor pants now have a running animation!

I've been working on my schedule a bit more so hopefully I'll update a bit more in the future. In addition, a good announcement: I'm working on the ship a bit!
  9. Tier 4 Progress and a small bonus!

Yako
    Progress on the Tier 4 armor continues. Both male and female chests have have been implemented, though sleeves still need a rework. On the subject of pants, all idle stances and walking sprites are in the game.

As a bonus for this week, I finally got around to adding dialogue/lines for NPCs talking to Kirhos! There aren't many available lines, but I hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]
  10. Tier 4 Appears! Kinda.

Yako
    I've begun the process of adding the next set of armor to the game. From here on out, it's a bit tricky! The ideas that I have for the last five sets calls for me to do all-original sprite art. As such, for tier 4, currently only the helmet and a single frame of animation each for the chest and legs are implemented. It will look pretty funky if you use it, but I hope you enjoy it.