1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirhos [Discontinued] 0.5 FINAL (1.0 Compat)

Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

1. Koopy Party!

Yako
    While I'd like to get back to working on armor, I really wasn't feeling it this week. So instead I made another change I've been meaning to do.

This update adds six new colors for the racial pet, koopies: albinistic (white), melanistic (black), and piebald variants for all non-albino colors.

[​IMG]

Cheers!
  2. Small Bugfix

Yako
    Tiiny update today-- almost didn't post anything, but I think an underwhelming delivery is better than none at all.

This update removes spirited giraffe legacy code, which may have caused some users issues when creating a new ship.

Cheers!
    Milly Rainbowskittlez and MrChow like this.
  3. Return, with Thanks!

Yako
    Ok, man, a lot to get to today, but let's get to it!

This update works pushes the nightly branch to the stable branch, including a bugfix which was preventing a new game from being started. In addition, rough art for tier 3 of the armor has been implemented. I had hoped to prepare more, but it's been difficult getting back into things. Hoping that getting back to the old schedule will help with that!

But a big thanks are in order! I said that there was a big life event at the end of...
  4. ETA on the Return of Regular Updates!

Yako
    Hey guys! Been a while, but I have good news!

The past month has been a bit hectic for me, but at the end of it I can say that I've finally, for real, graduated college, and I've earned enough money through commissions on the side to replace my mouse! Between job hunting, I'll be able to resume work on the Kirhos and push them ever closer to a 1.0 release. Very exciting!

I've decided to hold off on posting an actual version update until the end of August. The end of this month marks an...
  5. Hiatus Notice

Yako
    Hey guys. Sorry to have to do this again so soon, but I'm going to have to put Kirhos on hold for a little while again.
    My mouse only responds to about every other click and a replacement has gone from "nice" to "necessary." Once again, I need money I do not have to replace it. Currently, work on the Kirhos only nets me $10 a month, which makes them largely unsustainable in times like these.
    If you'd like to help, there are two ways:
    First, I have a Patreon which was created specifically to...
  6. Tier 2 Armor and a Locker

Yako
    [​IMG]
    Tier 2 armor is now finished and implemented in-game! It's loosely inspired by Watch_Dogs, so the best way to wear this is to skulk around everywhere like the most obvious criminal ever and justify your increasingly ridiculous actions with dead family.

In addition, I finally noticed that Kirhos were missing a racial storage locker. That has been rectified!

Have a nice week!
    ygreedo and MrChow like this.
  7. Armor & Nanosuit Bugbusting

Yako
    Pretty small bugfix update, but they include a bug that prevented progress, so I prefer to push them immediately!

• STABLE/UNSTABLE BRANCH ONLY: Kirhosi armor is now tagged with its appropriate tier (i.e, steel armor counts as steel armor), so missions that require you to have a certain armor tier will now be obtainable. This bug didn't show up in the nightly version, so if you play that then you've nothing to worry about.
    • The tier 1 armor set for Kirhos now has thumbnails and...
    MrChow likes this.
  8. Tier 1 Armor!

Yako
    Mostly busy with commissions again this week, but I managed to bang out a full set of the tier 1 armor. Item thumbnails and descriptions are still wrong, but it's a start!

[​IMG]

Commissions have slowed down a bit, so hopefully I'll be able to do some more updates in the next few weeks. Cheers!
    ygreedo, Agoraphobian and MrChow like this.
  9. The Matter Manipulator Upgrades Are My Enemy

Yako
    Very small update today-- was almost going to not update, but I noticed a bug last night worth fixing and putting out.

Matter manipulator upgrades are no longer erroneously listed as all being slight power upgrades; descriptions on those are all correct now. In addition, I included the WIP version of the Tier 1 armor chestpiece, because it was easier to keep it in than to hold off on its release.

I almost have enough money to replace the technology that was concerning me most, so...
    Entariel and Evor like this.
  10. Backend odds and ends

Yako
    Jumping ahead in versions to signify that the first major hurdle of the Kirhos--character creation--is done!

Not a lot of noticeable stuff this update, but a lot of helpful things for later.
    Updates are probably going to be small for a while-- all my work-necessary/desirable electronics (mouse, keyboard, and headset) decided to break at the same time, and I'm pretty much broke, so I'll need to focus on earning some money to replace these things. If you want to help out (and get the Kirhos...
    MrChow and Agoraphobian like this.