1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirhos [Discontinued] 0.5 FINAL (1.0 Compat)

Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

1. Nightly Fixing, Compatibility and Some Goodies!

Yako
    Realized I had a few minor things wrong for the nightly build. They should be fixed now!

In addition, the mod has been made compatible with CLeF by request. If you use CLeF, you'll now be able to use the fuel hatch and progress past the tutorial mission of the game!

Lastly, I included a few changes I made this afternoon before I noticed my nightly errors: the name gen has a few additional...
    MrChow likes this.
  2. Revenge of the Aesthetic, + Donations

Yako
    Full update changelog is at the bottom of this, but it boils down to: character creation is complete, with a total of ~180k combinations and at least 19 options for each spinner.

[​IMG]

But I'd like to put out a little announcement. I started working on the Kirhos in February of this year and haven't stopped since; it's probably been the longest I've kept working on a project, and I'm having a blast...
    Agoraphobian and buenagua like this.
  3. Starter Weapons and Polish

Yako
    FIRST THING'S FIRST: There are TWO versions of the current file. Both files will work in Stable, but the Nightly version will be buggy in a couple of places. The Stable version will not work in Nightly.

I'll try and provide both versions for a little while. Without further ado, changelog!
    • Implements hulls for tiers 6, 7, and 8
    • Tweaks to the shapes of hulls for tiers 1-5
    • Updates to work for the current nightly build; includes legacy code
    • Adds starter shortsword...
    CorraidhĂ­n likes this.
  4. Odds and Ends Re: Your Ship

Yako
    Hey guys, hope your week went well! Mine was unbearably hot, but that's better for you because I couldn't focus on anything harder than blocky pixel art!

This update adds:
    • Placeholder ship objects for the locker, teleporter, fuel hatch and captain's chair; currently just recolors
    • A unique ship door and tech station
    • A craftable racial flag
    • WIP hulls for ship tiers 4 + 5
    • A LOT of small changes to the bases of all ship tiers; glowy control panels, corrected/better...
    ygreedo and Agoraphobian like this.
  5. Slip-up Fix

Yako
    I apparently had too many tabs open this morning and didn't realize that I had copied the wrong link into the resource file area. Sorry about that! You can download it now.
  6. FOOD FOR KOOPIES

Yako
    Food for whatnow? Well, this update adds:
    • A WIP tech station for the Kirhos-- currently just a recolor of the Apex station.
    • A unique line when examining any race's tech station for the kirhos.
    • A unique ship pet!
    [​IMG]
    Koopies are giant lizards that are as old and as common as kirhosi pets as dogs are for humans. Though cold-blooded, they're incredibly hardy and can survive even in...
    Mackinz likes this.
  7. A Hull Appears!

Yako
    Pretty small update this week, but I think it's fairly significant!

• Since Spiritied Giraffe was pushed to stable, I'm hoping that some of my backend groundwork won't crash the game, so it's included if you want to rifle through the modpack.
    • The random name generator has been extended, mostly with greek letters. The namegen file is now exactly 1337 characters long, making me reluctant to add any more to it (but I probably will anyway, :p)
    • Now the big one: Ship Tiers 1-3...
    Agoraphobian likes this.
  8. It's Aesthetic.

Yako
    I didn't work a lot on Kirhos this week because school's a little hectic right now, but dammit, I promised an update every Saturday and I'm going to deliver!

This update expands character creation options by adding 3 hairstyles, 3 skin colors, 3 hair colors, and 7 ears. This greatly increases the total combinations of possible Kirhos you can create!

[​IMG]

I threw together some examples to show...
    Tinytean and Agoraphobian like this.
  9. Getting the Ship into Shape

Yako
    First of all-- wow, I'm not even done with character creation and you guys have downloaded this over 100 times! Thank you so much for your support!
    Currently, I plan on putting out updates for the mod every Saturday. So let's get started.

New in Version 0.03
    • The S.A.I.L has been added. She currently has animations and some unique dialogue; these will need more polishing, but I'm pretty happy with them....
    Tinytean likes this.