1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirhos Reloaded 1.3.1

Return of the Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

1. S00perEPICMrFox
    Return of the Cyberpunk Space Rodents!

The original creator of the mod (Yako) discontinued it and left permission open to anyone who wanted to continue the mod.
    Right now this mod simply fixes all of the issues that prevented normal gameplay and restores all non-working content.
    I am hoping to continue this mod so feel free to leave feedback and suggestions!
    Please tell me if you find any bugs or anything out of place!

Issues
    You can't craft the clothing because the game wants to be ****ing stupid and not let the Workshop version work for whatever reason.

Notes: Armor values are a bit different than vanilla values. I don't know if it was supposed to like that or if those are old stats. I'll leave it for now.
    I know the higher tier ships have bad art. That was a placeholder made by Yako. I probably won't get to that for a while so I'd recommend getting a new ship off the workshop or forums for now. If you do make sure you clear all of your items out of your ship beforehand or they might get lost!

Next Up
    New weapons, a few new clothing items, some furniture and maybe a bit more. It may be a bit, sorry!

Planned
    New weapons
    Weapon bits, bobs and doodads?
    Furniture
    Food
    Spruce up textures (namley the on the ship)
    Villages and NPCs?

Original Description

I'm a sci-fi nerd and I found a the lack of a fully Gibsonian cyberpunk-themed race in Starbound disappointing. So I filled the niche myself.

The Kirhos are an alien species dissimilar from any Earth fauna. I call them "goblins" or "rodents" for personal ease. Hundreds of years ago, they exhausted all resources on their home planet and fled to the stars. Nowadays, most kirhos live in privately-owned cities with synthesized environments referred to as arcologies-- or "arcs" among the hip. Kirhosi player characters are young, tech-savvy rebels without a cause who hijack a prototype spaceship so they can forge a new life among the stars.

As mentioned above, the race draws heavy inspiration from the cyberpunk subgenre of science fiction, especially works such as Shadowrun, Akira, The Matrix, System Shock, and William Gibson's short stories. Have you ever thought Starbound would be better if everyone used arbitrary future slang and wore outrageous clothing that should have gone out of style years ago? You've come to the right place! Just want to play a colorful furry creature with adorably oversized ears? This mod hopefully covers that too.

Features
    Full character customization with 182,000+ total combinations and at least 19 options for each spinner!
    Original starter outfits
    Name generator
    Starter codecies
    Custom S.A.I.L.
    Tiered Ship
    Racial Pet
    Armor tiers 1-4 (all tiers)

CF Forums Version
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kirhos-reloaded.4721/

Original Mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kirhos-discontinued.2815/
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    KStockhausen and Dragon_Tom005 like this.

Recent Updates

1. Mechs Work
  2. 1.3 compatible + a new gun
  3. Clothing Hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. <//Cyb3r_R4t>
    <//Cyb3r_R4t>
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    its a good mod, my idea is add some mech parts, update the ships graphics to look good (perhaps replace the red with a dark grey), and perhaps add the glitch hairstyles so they look cybernetic, after all whats more cyberpunk than cybernetic augmentation?
    so far though great, starbound needed some cyberpunk and some rodent
  2. SyuFabulous
    SyuFabulous
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
  3. Tekla
    Tekla
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Happy to see that someone's working on such an original race mod again!
  4. Agoraphobian
    Agoraphobian
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    I'm glad to see this mod return! Much respect to you and Yako!
  5. Deception
    Deception
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    you are doing gods work
  6. gblai
    gblai
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!