1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kuro's Custom Black Hoverbike 0.2

Adds a Custom black Hoverbike to be purchased from the shipyard captain.

1. KuroKyo
    Description:
    2015-12-30_00004.jpg

2015-12-30_00004.jpg

New Custom Hoverbike, Since there aren't too many of these on here yet. This mod is very simple - It adds a new hoverbike to the shipyard captain for 1000 pixels (If you think it should be higher, let me know in the comments). It is of course black, with neon blue strips, custom lights, warp and damage states too. It took me about a day to design, since I'm not particularly artistic or talented, but I like the way it looks much more than the currently available garbage truck/forklift/safari jeep style ones [Edit: not that there's anything wrong with that! They look great! And I think the designers did a great job. I hope they make some more awesome vehicles in future!]. Since this is the first Mod I'm publishing for Starbound I decided not to play around too much and kept it simple - The particles, SFX and etc are all still the default hoverbike. I'm aware the back seat is a little "small" for passengers, and i'll be making adjustments in the next version. If you find anything broken or bugged, Please leave me a comment so I can fix it! :)
    Version 1.0 goals:
    • custom sound effects
    • custom particles
    • custom physics
    • custom wreckage etc
    • white color variant perhaps
    I'll be making a custom boat next, So look forward to a sci-fi techy vehicle pack in the future!
    Installation:

1. Unpack the .rar file in your Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder (it should read <your steam starbound directory>/Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/Kurobike ).
    2. That's it.
    If you happen to find anything wrong with the modinfo or folder structure let me know.

Compatibility:
    The bike is added to the shipyard captain's menu with a patch file (tested with JSON online patch tester) so there shouldn't be any conflicts with other mods, unless you decide to call your bike kurobike too (please don't). If you're using any other mods that alter the default hoverbike files however it will affect this bike as well, If you're not sure, check that your other vehicle mods have custom file names for whatever vehicles they're adding/altering (eg. hoverbikekuro.vehicle and not hoverbike.vehicle). Modding the default Warp, hoverbike or headlight graphics won't affect this mod. If you do find a compatibility conflict, let me know which mod and hopefully why in the comments!

Requests:
    I'm not really great (or expedient) with graphics but If there's a hoverbike you'd really like to see made, or you have the graphics but don't know what to do with them, I'd be happy to collaborate and get your vehicle in-game! Send me a PM if you're interested and think I can help.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. xXCommanderDerpyXx
    xXCommanderDerpyXx
    4/5,
    Version: 0.2
    I cant use the mod because my computer doesn't know what a .rar file is so i can't unpack it could you please use a zip file instead thanks
    1. KuroKyo
      Author's Response
      Do most mods use zips? Sorry, I just used the format I usually use, i'll use a zip for the next ver.
  2. PufferPig
    PufferPig
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    GREAT Mod
    1. KuroKyo