1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Mantid Species Beta 0.8

Four legged Mantis race for Starbound

1. Erberor
    Have you ever looked at Starbound and wondered, "what if, but more bug?"

Wonder no longer. I present to you a brand new mantis race, complete with four insectoid legs and all associated movement animations.

screenshot and animation sample:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All character assets are complete, including all standard movement animations. I consider this to be in beta because there are a few remaining updates I have planned before I consider this finished.

Planned future updates:
    Compatability with Frackin' Races
    Additional clothing options
    Expanded and improved color pallete (please give me any and all feedback on color options)

Pipeline updates (low priority, I make no guarantees)
    Custom Armor
    Modifying the base Floran ship currently in use to be less plant-y
    Custom Furniture
    Custom Respawn animation

If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know. Thank you very much for checking out this mod, I hope you enjoy it!

This was made possible by the Skittles Advanced Race Template, seriously, this was a tremendously helpful tool making this mod.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/skittles-advanced-template-race-mod.5099/

You are free to use assets within this mod so long as credit to the original author (you can call me either GontholianGuy or Erberor, I go by both screen names interchangably) is given.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. The Blood Hunter
    The Blood Hunter
    5/5,
    Version: Beta 0.8
    Amazing!!
  2. Kuznetsov630
    Kuznetsov630
    5/5,
    Version: Beta 0.8
    Epic