1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. Upbeat Giraffe Update - V9.0

Crystan
    [​IMG]

REQUIRES ATLEAST: Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - Update 1​

We're proud to announce the release of version 9.0. It comes with a LOT of new stuff including armors, new techs and vanity items.

You obtain the new techs through your SAIL computer everytime you receive a tech upgrade, it will show a new button named "Activate MMX tech". Theres currently no other way to activate the tech button. In case you reached the max level with your character you won't be able the receive the techs - currently. I'm not quite sure how this affects the player save when uninstalling the mod in the unstable branch. It might mess up your save.

The damage of the techs depend on your maximum energy pool size. Everytime you get a better armor piece that increases your energy pool size, the techs will do more damage!

X-Mode Tech:
    Activation Button: F

Cycle through Weapons: G

Switch Ammo display mode: H

The Buster is chargeable (hold down your primary attack button) and as soon as you receive the body upgrade, you can also charge every weapon/ammo of this tech.

This Tech possesses also the ability to Wallslide. Jump against a wall and keep pressing the direction key. You can also jump while sliding - but keep in mind that you can't just hold down the jump key.

You can refill your ammo by teleporting back to your ship.
    (The flame thrower shoots with the right mouse button and charges with the left)

The Armor can be upgraded through armor upgrade capsules - certain Bio-Metal bosses have a certain chance to drop one of the capsules (head,body,legs). Obviously not all bosses drop them and low level bosses have a very very very tiny drop chance. The omega boss although have a drop chance of 100%.

When you got a capsule - place them and you'll receive your upgrade as soon as you walk near the capsules with the active tech. The upgrade stays as long as you don't enter the admin mode or die. If you exit the game and load it again - you keep your upgrades.

Unlike i said on the forums, this release includes Zero's tech but its not really done and got some bugs as well as lacking features and graphics (like wall slide and double jump). I just thought it would be a waste to not include this still awesome piece of tech.

Z-Mode Tech:

READ THE INGAME TECH DESCRIPTION ON YOUR S.A.I.L. - IT MAY TAKE A SEC OR TWO TO APPEAR.

- New Armors and Weapons (ALL MMX1->8 Armors and Busters! )
    - Vanity Armor Items (Alia's armor etc.)
    - and even more stuff...

The MMX-R.modpack just replaces some main menu stuff. You can delete it with clear conscience, in case you get annoyed.

There are a few small bugs that I haven't been able to fix yet but they won't do any damage on your save or character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every question on the forum that was covered here will cause a bear to appear. :D
    KMM1013 and bluecollarart like this.
Return to update list...