1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Mining Gun 1.0.1

It's a way for miners to turn solid rock into lots of small bits of rock.

1. The First Nova
    The First Nova
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    my favourite part of the mod...

a chair made it xD but seriously great mod 10/10 easier than using the superfishaxe
  2. 3l1j4hX
    3l1j4hX
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    Awesome, just don't use it in your ship. (Lesson learned.)
  3. GhostFS
    GhostFS
    4/5,
    OP. But it do what it say and very well.
  4. Apfelbananenbaum
    Apfelbananenbaum
    5/5,
    Does what it says
  5. Extazy620
    Extazy620
    4/5,
    Version: 0.2
    Very nice job !
  6. xyraid_steam
    xyraid_steam
    2/5,
    Version: 0.1
    It's a great idea, but trying to alter the values for larger explosions just yields errors. I wanted to crack it open and change the explosion radius for foreground and background, but I kept getting index mismatch errors just for altering those values. Very odd.

This mod should be constructed to allow for custom explosion radius settings. We have mountains to flatten!!
    1. TheArmchairExplorer
      Author's Response
      The mod itself shouldn't be causing those errors - but SB mods do rely on several files working in concert. You might get some benefit from tweaking the same value elsewhere; I do recall, though, that the engine wasn't massively happy with huge explosion radii during early development.

Don't give up, you might just be missing one small change. :)

Edit: I had a few minutes to spare and curiosity, so I did a quick test. You only need to edit chargeWadExplosion.config; in the object starting "action": "explosion", setting the foregroundRadius property to 70 did create a rather big explosion. My computer struggled to cope with the 15,000-odd blocks that were released to fall through the ocean, though - be forewarned, the engine and your CPU can only cope with so much.

Two extra notes: Lowering the harvestLevel might reduce the yield of collectable blocks, if only by leaving behind the harder materials, but I haven't verified that. Also, increasing the value of backgroundRadius ought to take out the background tiles that I chose to leave alone in v0.1.
  7. junili
    junili
    5/5,
    good mod
  8. Bers
    Bers
    5/5,
    good
  9. TrueEdge
    TrueEdge
    5/5,
    I found it in the Anvil. Seems reasonable for 20 Iron bars. I love it!
    1. TheArmchairExplorer
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it. :) I might be making a few new flavours and perhaps a couple of small tweaks, but the basic wad gun will definitely stay available.