1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Mining Laser 1.4

Lasers are the future!

1. Zeptor
    Zeptor
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Can I use it in the new v1.0(07/2016)? Couldn't find the mining
  2. AceTheAvenger
    AceTheAvenger
    2/5,
    Okay, I hate to be that guy, but I came in expecting an actual laser beam, not a matter manipulator 2.0. :/
  3. Akre
    Akre
    4/5,
    Great idea. Finally a more futuristic tool to work with! But IMO your last changes went in the wrong direction: the tool is way too powerful and should have more durability so you don't have to worry for it's ingredients after building it. I would have given 5 stars, if it weren't for the last update. Still, a nice mod.
    1. Zion Fox
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review. Yeah, I was a bit weird with the power of it, ripping through everything like nothing. I'll likely make an update soon balancing the power and durability around to make it better. Any suggestions, personally?
  4. lornlynx
    lornlynx
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Very cool tool, love the aesthetics.
  5. bomberman379
    bomberman379
    5/5,
    Great mod, very mobile whilst using it, love it.
  6. xtomass
    xtomass
    5/5,
    Really cool looking tool, fantastically efficient and surprisingly balanced for something this powerful.

Also covered this on my mod List series.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUPgQi9Tcs
    (Can i beg thee to put this video in the mod description?)
    1. Zion Fox
      Author's Response
      Added, thanks for the reivew. :D
  7. Planetgamer247
    Planetgamer247
    5/5,
    Great Late-Game item, Just one thing, If the game updates what will happen to it? would we lose it and have to craft another? or will we still have it?
    1. Zion Fox
      Author's Response
      Depends on what happens to your character. It will stay with your character through updates, weather it works or not. (You can tell if it doesn't work by it not moving with your arms to follow the cursor).
  8. Simon Lasonne
    Simon Lasonne
    5/5,
    Very Good!
  9. I Said No
    I Said No
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2
    Reduces the tedium and grind of mass-mining projects immensely. The item itself costs a fair amount to actually obtain, so this works out quite well overall.
  10. Ultra Strich
    Ultra Strich
    5/5,
    Yeah, a muat have!
  11. buttfarm
    buttfarm
    5/5,
    Great endgame mining tool to replace the Diamond Drill. Works great in single and multiplayer, no crash or anything. Requirements feel right, and mining speed is fast without feeling TOO fast. All in all, a great mod, especially if you want to mine space legos with your online pals.
  12. pyro_670
    pyro_670
    5/5,
    Excellent tool! Takes a while to build, but once you do you can quite literally take terraforming into your own hands... After all, we really did need a tool that put obsidian in its place.
  13. Durlock
    Durlock
    5/5,
    great mod. screenshot missing thou :/
  14. Thermite Kitty
    Thermite Kitty
    5/5,
    Version: v1.1a
    Excellent mod, works flawlessly in single and multiplayer. The requirements are more than fair. Please don't nerf it; this is such a great tool for big projects that require a lot of tedious mining (like making an entire planet into a base.) Should be used alongside a diamond drill for more precise mining jobs, but it's an excellent lategame item.
  15. lDinhol
    lDinhol
    5/5,
    Very nice mod man!
  16. Eraqore
    Eraqore
    4/5,
    Great but maybe a little bit to overpowered. But thats ok for beta
  17. ropefish
    ropefish
    5/5,
    i dub the planet annihilator >_>
  18. jamesplus
    jamesplus
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0
    so good ดีมากครับ
  19. quintet
    quintet
    4/5,
    this is the most hilariously op thing i've tried in starbound :)
    i basically flattened the surface of a planet in a matter of 15-20 minutes. it's now barren and void of anything . would gladly give 5 stars, if you put nerfed version as alternative.
  20. Wreave
    Wreave
    5/5,
    Dang, this thing is fun. I wouldn't mind an upgrade path that attaches a Solarium Flashlight to it. Please, take all my pixels! I like how it chews through the tougher rocks in this game. It's easier to explore deeper into a magmarock and obsidian etc. Great item.