1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Munari Race 2.1.8, For Starbound 1.3

Adds an aquatic like race called the Munari

1. Assassin001rus
    Assassin001rus
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.6, For 1.0 Starbound
    My favourite race! Any chances getting on 1.3.0?
  2. OmegaOSG
    OmegaOSG
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.6, For 1.0 Starbound
    Love the race! Nice ship as well! R.I.P Jelly
  3. Natnab
    Natnab
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.4, For 1.0 Starbound
    The ship is amazing, and the reason I downloaded this in the first place. However, between the ship, custom furniture, large amounts of customization with the characters look, and a heavy dose of style, I like this race more than most of the vanilla races. 5/5, thanks for the mod.
  4. Freaddythegreat
    Freaddythegreat
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.3, Glad Giraffe
    10/10 Would make an Undyne Character again
  5. Gun_Shy
    Gun_Shy
    5/5,
    Yeah, I was using this race back in Koala. I'm also really sad about the jellyship :(

Is it just because of the ship upgrades and having to make the art for a bunch of different-sized jellies?
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      Pretty much. I liked that ship too. There was a bunch of reasons why I decided to change it. The art itself took awhile to make, then having to do that 8 or so times over, somehow enlarging it was going to be a nightmare. The art style wasn't quite fitting in with the pixel style of the game. Story wise (since it was changed) it had no real purpose being there. That's why I decided on a more simple approach that would fit in with the game. Perhaps if there is ever a ship change option added within the game the jellyfish may return. :)

There was also a concept of a glowing constellation whale ship at some point too but that was even more work.
  6. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    i LOVE this race but im kinda sad about loseing my jellyfish ship...
  7. lordglythglyth
    lordglythglyth
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.2, Glad Giraffe
    update please it breaks colonys
    1. Motionless
  8. TheLumberJack
    TheLumberJack
    3/5,
    looks great! but its a file not a folder
    any clue why?
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      Yes. The file is compressed. You need a program like Winzip, Winrar, or something similar to extract the folders inside.
  9. gratux1
    gratux1
    5/5,
    Love this mod, race, items etc. Please continue updating this to its fullest extent, I enjoy this alot!
  10. GamingTimeLord
    GamingTimeLord
    5/5,
    Excellent mod, its the most complete race mod I've seen yet, and its very well made, just one thing though. Tenants wont spawn for me which is kind of a problem because I like having guys on my ship.
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      It seems I used the wrong tag in the tenant files. "tagCriteria" should be "colonyTagCriteria". If you replace this in each tenant file using a simple text editor it should fix the spawning issue. It will be fixed for the next patch. Thanks for finding this. :)
  11. SiFiGeek36
    SiFiGeek36
    4/5,
    Version: 2.1.1, Pleased Giraffe
    Love these guys. Though there is a problem with the organ gun and sword they don't kill entities, but make them indestructible. This tends to happen if the mods not updated Please Update it is awesome.
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      Should be working in 2.1.2, only hunting random generated monsters however.
  12. jarren
    jarren
    5/5,
    It's a good mod but two things. 1. what are the unseen and why can we play as them even though they're the same as the munari? there ship is the same there a.i. is the same what gives 2.there doesn't seem to be a opening dialog like say "Earth has been ripped apart. I have been in search of a new home for some time. My ship has been damaged and I am in orbit of an unknown planet. To keep moving I'll need to repair the ship's thrusters and patch up the hull". Whats with that?
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      The Unseen were accidentally added with the last update. They are not suppose to be playable. At least not yet. They are tied to the backstory of the munari. That opening dialog is only temporary. I wanted to change it when I include the opening cinematic.
  13. NED911
    NED911
    5/5,
    Love this mod,but could you pleeease add some pet and i'll be pleased then=)
  14. SophieKitty
    SophieKitty
    5/5,
    love this race ;) it looks so awesome!
  15. Dark_Chaos
    Dark_Chaos
    4/5,
    It's a good mod but when I got the first ship license it bugged and wouldn't allow me to preform the upgrade even though I had the required materials.
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      I'll check it out.
      Edit: The text was incorrect. It requires 2 upgrade modules. Then 4,6,8 and 10 for last upgrade.
      Next mod update will include the fixed text.
      Thanks for reporting this.
  16. buildhard8
    buildhard8
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8, Spirited Giraffe
    One of the greatest race mods I've ever played. I love the fact that it feels like a race that is part of the actual game, with specialized dialog, ships, armor/weapon stuffs, and even villages. I personally think other race mods should try to do what this mod does. Awesome mod all around, keep it up, motionless!
  17. 0boko
    0boko
    5/5,
    This race mod is incredibly detailed, especially the codex entries. The ship AI is interesting and the ship is glorious. Definitely will use this mod much more.
  18. Kaiachi
    Kaiachi
    5/5,
    This mod is excellent! I love the story for this race, and the natural implementation.
  19. AlexQuinn13
    AlexQuinn13
    5/5,
    Pretty cool race. I love the deco added! <3
  20. Gaaius
    Gaaius
    5/5,
    Awesome!
    Very nice Ship design
    Characters look realy nice