This species may be NSFW by some definitions.
The screenshots were taken with the NekiSFW patch installed.
- A Character Extender such as 18+ or any other; Not required with FU.
Please refer to the included readme file for more detail.
- NekiSFW - makes the Neki SFW-er than they are by default
- NekiSit - fixes the sleeves but makes everyone sit like a Neki
- NekiNoSit - gives the Neki the vanilla-style sitting pose back
- NekiFloof - gives the Neki extremely floofy, fox-like tails
- NekiPoses - 3 new idle poses (applies to ALL species!)
- NekiCrew - allows up to 99 crew on T3-T8 ships
- NekiShades - removes the Nightvision ability
The Neki (pronounced "neh-kee") is a mod about what it would be like for a such a species to exist within Starbound's universe. The way other species treat them varies from borderline fanatic to extremely unpleasant, yet the Neki themselves see the world around them and its inhabitants in an innocent, wondrous and purely pragmatic way; they see things for what they are without prejudice. The world is their playground and their dining hall.
If you're interested in learning more, it is highly recommended to play the Intro mission, converse with NPCs more than once, read the scan descriptions and look for their Codexes.
Opinions vary, but it is most widely believed that the Neki were the brainchild of a renowned and eccentric, if somewhat deranged, entrepreneur of old. Their virtually limitless resources allowed for an extensive research programme which employed the brightest scientific minds of a generation and went on well beyond their own lifetime; its findings, however, remained largely unpublished. The project would later be abruptly overtaken by the U.S.C.M, vanishing from the public eye practically overnight - with evidence of corporate espionage by the Miniknog, with regards to the data, surfacing not long after.
A while later, the Neki would start appearing on Earth, their existence invoking a wide range of reactions - from outright repugnance to passionate attraction. Despite appearances, they have proven themselves to be remarkably sapient, crafty and more resourceful than many of their human counterparts - which earned them a great deal of resentment by many.
The Neki have a playful and often pesky demeanor, always looking for stuff to eat, places to sleep and things to play with. They stand out among humans for having large ears, powerful (and sometimes fluffy) tails, fur in a variety of colors covering their bodies and a lush mane that stretches from their heads down to their tails.
You are one of the Neki.
How you ended up at the Terrene Protectorate academy, is anyone's guess.
- The Neki species, with:
- Custom colors
- 340+ hairstyles
- Animated body detail
- Animated ears and tails
- Alternate, very floofy tails!
- Custom animations/damage
- Custom respawn animation
- Customized Tech Station
- Custom sitting pose¹
- Custom sounds
- NPC dialogue
- Story quest dialogue
- 1900+ object scan descriptions
- 180+ tile scan descriptions
- Apex-based ship design
- Custom SAIL (Leiya)
- T9 and T10 ships
- Neki Tenants
- Neki NPCs
- Neki Crew
- Neki Hops
- Neki T1 Leg Ring, Arm-O-Ring, Hairpin
- Neki T2 Armor, Shoulderpads, Ear Ring
- Neki T3 Armor, Shoulderpads, Mask
- Neki T4 Armor, Shoulderguards, Mask&Ring
- Neki T6S MK Armor, Sleeves and Helmet
- Gala and Robe Dresses
- Short, Angel and Glove Sleeves
- Protectorate Pants, Skirt and Sleeves
- Peacekeeper Uniform, Pads and Hat
- 8 static/legacy clothes
- Angel and Toy Wings
- Invisible clothes
- Neki Shades!
- Paws (T1)
- Nails (T2)
- Claws (T3)
- Sharp Claws (T4)
- Rapid Claws (T5)
- Vicious Claws (T5)
- Electric/Fire/Ice/Poison Claws (T5e)
- Neki Pod
- Neki Flag
- Neki Wheel
- Neki Pillow Pile
- Neki Storage Locker
- Broken Iron Spotlight
- 9 Pillows (by TeksFox)
- Lavish Bed (by TeksFox)
- 3 Curtains (by ѕaιnт apollyon)
1. Sleeves appear mis-aligned while sitting. Workarounds:
- NekiSit, applies the Neki sitting pose to all races, or;
- Better Sit Idle with the Neki Addon, or;
- NekiNoSit, restores the vanilla sitting pose, and/or;
- Using invisible clothes as cosmetic items.
- Acid's Hair Mod - Hairstyles
- AnTiHair - Hairstyles
- Customization Plus - Hairstyles
- Cutebound - Hairstyles and inspiration!
- Starbound Valley - Hairstyles
- Ningen Race - Hairstyles
- TeksFox - Scripting, Lavish Bed+Pillow sprites and Claws icons
- burin077 - Dialogue and scan ideas, suggestions and feedback
- R|ambo - Lua work for the Neki Hops tech
- ѕaιnт apollyon - The feline peckers and the curtains
- DraLUSAD - Initial tenant setup and configuration
- HURTZ - Codex proofreading and suggestions
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Playful, pesky and borderline obnoxious.