1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) 1.24

Makes all mini-biomes appear as planets to explore in the universe

1. PlushBanshee
    PlushBanshee
    5/5,
    Version: 1.24
    GREAT MOD SO GREAT THAT ME AND MY STEAM FRIENDS NEED IT!!!

so i uploaded it to steam will full credit to you and links to this page i read the permissions about this mod and wasn't to shore if it also said i could upload it to steam if you wish for it to be removed then i am happy to do so that being said this mod will make so many people happy and lots more people need to see this great master piece :D

link to steam
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032258885
  2. BoundOffStars
    BoundOffStars
    5/5,
    Version: 1.22
    I just checked the updates and downloaded the mod. And I have to say a few things!

-The new planets are fun to explore. I've encountered a few close calls, but that's only part of the fun.

-You made your own music for this mod? If so, adding a custom track only adds to the remarkable dedication this mod has to offer.

-The difficulty is balanced, I'd say. Yes, the planets are difficult to traverse, but the rare items you get makes it worthwhile. If you want to play it safe, there's always searching the sub-biomes on the vanilla planets. Will you play it safe, or will you risk it to get that one item?

-My only nitpick are a few typos in some of the descriptions, but that's again, a nitpick that doesn't interfere with the overall gameplay.

This is a fantastic mod which literally expands the player's universe by quite a bit. It deserves more than three stars.
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback.

For the musics, I added the unused tracks I found in the assets and other tracks that previously existed but have been deleted. All the musics are (and were) originally in the game, I didn't add any custom track of me, despite doing it in such a way it seems true.

You are the second person telling the descriptions have mistakes. English is not my first langage so can you point what descriptions contain errors so I can fix them ?
  3. Aqur
    Aqur
    3/5,
    Version: 1.22
    The mod will make me crash :(
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      What kind of crash does it display in the log ? Are you using other mods too ?
      It works fine on my game
  4. Armok
    Armok
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like the mod.

Unfortunately I didn't go far with the bounty hunter quests yet and actually started this mod before they were implemented. I'm busy in my life at the moment but I may take a look when I'll progress further in my save. I'll watch the assets closer.

At the moment the quests look fine on gentle stars.
  5. Zaroth
    Zaroth
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    An excellent addition to the game. There are few mods that add new biomes, fewer still that actually do it well. Some of the ones added here do feel a bit unique, and not as simply bigger versions of their base sub biomes. Mangroves, for example. Some do just feel like that, but alas.
    The only complaints is limiting them to such a high minimum tier, and a bit of bad English in the descriptions.
    I sincerely hope you'll continue to work on this. Perhaps even try your hand at adding some entirely new planet types.
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      I mostly focused on improving the postgame (here with planet exploration), which, otherwise, has very little left to do once tier 6 gear is acquired, thus making planets with tiers starting from 7.

The tiers are actually between 7 and 10 but the game never displays 7 due to how it works. If a planet is tier 7.1 or even 7.7 it will appear as 8 instead. You can see it if you find a staff or wand somewhere to see the exact tier. The same happens in FU actually. 7.0 will be the only value showing a tier 7 level.

About creating more biomes, I can do it but this is not the purpose of this mod which was making a planet for every secondary biome found in the game (including underground ones). Since almost all the biomes are covered, I only plan on adding one more before considering the mod being fully finished (I just got the idea now).
      If I have to make a new custom biome then it will get its own mod instead. However I'm bad with image editing.

I don't plan to improve this mod more but I'll still maintain it if people find issues or have suggestions to improve it.

What english problems did you find in the descriptions and in which descriptions exactly ? I read them with no trouble. If you can tell me what to fix I may do it before updating with the next biome I thought about.
  6. Sumenora
    Sumenora
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Very Well done i been looking for something like this for ages!
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I'm happy it pleases you.