1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stars with Planets from tiers 7 to 10 1.0

Enhanced difficulty matching your endgame activity

1. Wiranum
    This mod works from version 1.3.3 of Starbound.

I originally wanted to improve the difficulty on all planets. After defeating the last boss, most of the endgame activities consist of building, defeating vault dungeons and exploring mini-biomes on all planets for biome loot. As the vault difficulty was correctly done, I found the early planets too easy to visit and didn't find the fun I had when I improved my gear the first time I went on them, so I made this mod.

===What this mod does===

This mod allows any vanilla planet to spawn with a tier ranging from 7 to 10.
    Those planets will spawn around 2 new types of stars : photon and spectral stars.

To see the new stars and planets, you need to travel far from your actual position in the universe until you see green and purple stars on your navigation console. You don't actually need to delete your current universe.

The new tiered planets work the same way than normal planets by using the tier scaling system. You will find stronger monsters and get more powerful weapons to use. Ores will be the same than on tier 6 planets. Colonies and merchants will give/sell you better weapons, more pixels and give any seed/food available.

Space encounters are also raised to tiers 8 and 10 around the new stars, making them very dangerous and even harder to travel through. Enemies do serious damage there.

===Mod installation and removal===

To install this mod, you just need to place the .pak file into your Starbound mods folder and start looking for new stars in the navigation console.

To remove this mod, delete the .pak file from your Starbound mods folder. However be careful when doing this. Move your ship to a normal vanilla star before removing the mod or you'll be stuck and unable to travel in your universe. The already generated modded stars will appear as black and you won't be able to click on them, but everything else should be fine.

===Compatibility===

This mod adds new content by itself and uses its own names for planets, biomes, stars and images, so it should work fine with any other mod, even the ones that add new kinds of planets and modify celestials and terrestrial_worlds config files.

Small detail : Green and purple stars may be difficult to distingish from each other when using mods that also add green and purple stars to the universe. For example when using FU, green stars may appear as photon or dying stars.

===Permissions===

You are free to use my mod (or alter it) for anything you want as long as you give credit to me.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. Level 10 Staff.png
    2. Stars console.png
    3. Tier 7 Lush Console.png
    4. Tier 8 Mech damage.png
    5. Tier 10 Anomaly.png
    6. Tier 10 Ocean console.png
    7. Tier 10 Quadruped damage.png
    8. Tier 10 Spookit damage.png

Recent Reviews

1. Starleo.Ex
    Starleo.Ex
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Thank you.
  2. desafinado56
    desafinado56
    4/5,
    Very fun and its really nice that now i can go explore lower tier planets without feeling like im in god mode. However have you tried implementing completly new planets ?
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      I didn't add any new planet with this mod or made any other planet mod. However I already made mods to reintroduce some beta mini-biomes and this one made me familiar with how the planets work, so this might be something I can do in the future
  3. Joseph K
    Joseph K
    5/5,
    Although pretty simple this mod really allows us to appreciate the challenge of planet exploration after defeating The Ruin. Good job!
    1. Wiranum
      Author's Response
      Thanks, that's nice it pleases you.