1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

No Weather Blockdamage 1.0.4 reup

This mod prevents weather effects from destroying blocks.

1. Iris Blanche
    No Weather Blockdamage does what it says: it prevents any kind of weather from destroying blocks. But beware: the effects can still kill you.

Weather types included:
    - Small meteors
    - Large meteors
    - Cinderstorms (aka Ember)

Steamversion can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735010240

~ Iris ~
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Uploaded here (again)
  2. Uploaded here
  3. Moved to github

Recent Reviews

1. davoker
    davoker
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.4 reup
    It's just what I was looking for, I hope it works in version 1.3.3 of the game, I'll try it with a "new game", but I'll take time to see if it works correctly, can you confirm someone who works in the latest version of the game?

Thanks for this mod!
    1. Iris Blanche
      Author's Response
      The mod still works. It simply patches the weather and replaces the old projectiles with the new ones that doesn't destroy blocks.
  2. K-A
    K-A
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.4 reup
    FINALLY. You, sir, are awesome. If it blocks earthquakes too - i'll find a freakin way to give you 6 stars.
    1. Iris Blanche
      Author's Response
      The mod only covers meteors and ember from vanilla.
  3. voidrider
    voidrider
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.4
    At first I liked the randomness of encountering an area shredded by meteors. Needless to say, it got tiring really fast and it became annoying even faster than that. Personally, I'm not playing Starbound as a realistic simulator and I'd rather have peace of mind which this mod delivers 100%. Thank you. <3
  4. qualiyah
    qualiyah
    5/5,
    It's a bit of a cheat, but after the first time I had an entire Avian village turn hostile on me because a cinderstorm destroyed their buildings, I installed this, and I am glad I did. It works just fine, serves as a useful makeshift fix for a part of the vanilla game that's a bit broken.
  5. Mooncalf99
    Mooncalf99
    5/5,
    Although at first I disagreed with the idea (since block damage from meteors is supposed to be an element that offers a challenge) and thought it was a bit cheaty...

...well, suffice to say, I'm getting very tired of meteors smashing walls INSIDE my moon base, sometimes off-screen and losing both tenants and furniture. So I'm definitely running this mod, if only for my peace of mind. It's not cheating if it stops something that shouldn't happen.

Though I appreciate the the meteors are still dangerous to our frail fleshy (tinny/fibrous/gassy) bodies, which is good. No complete nerf.

And it affects cinderstorms too? Great! I hated getting accused of thievery. Imagine, getting framed by the weather...
    1. Iris Blanche
      Author's Response
      I created the mod mainly for building but keeping the weather still dangerous (i love lunar bases). Cinderstorms were added on request >v<
  6. overlorddarkwolf
    overlorddarkwolf
    5/5,
    Did what it says on the file name.
  7. Shadox2.0
    Shadox2.0
    5/5,
    Thanks you :D
    1. Iris Blanche
  8. Eirikur
    Eirikur
    5/5,
    Great mod! Now I can finally build on moons without having my bases getting destroyed by meteors.