1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated NoBull#$!%: Take your ore with you when you die! 20140804a Rampaging Koala

Because it's Normal Mode.

1. Fibriel Solaer
    Derived from this dude's mod, except that with mine you don't have to do crazy weird goofy things for it to work - you just drop the folder in like any other mod.

No bullshit, indeed~!

What's The Point?
    Starbound's current nightly build, while it has awesome new features such as ship AI, Novakid, and dedicated extra slots for the Matter Manipulator et al... also makes you drop your ores when you die in Normal Mode, including core fragments. Even worse, due to a bug, those ores promptly completely vanish - they're not supposed to do that, and so nightly is about 50x more difficult than stable.

As a workaround, this simple mod will prevent your ores from dropping in the first place. And, since I really don't think you should be dropping a damn thing in Normal Mode anyway, you can keep using it even after they fix it!

License
    You can use this without asking me permission! Good god everyone deserves to keep their fucking ore.

Please show your friends where you got this, though!

Other
    Credit goes to humbi83 for... I guess he was trying to make this mod!

I'm sorry it isn't a compressed pack, but Starbound refused to load it when it was. =/ It doesn't matter anyway, the extracted mod is about 339 bytes. No, I don't know why the zip is larger than the folder is.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    DerwandelndeTod and C0bra5 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Vitara3000
    Vitara3000
    5/5,
    Version: 20140804a Rampaging Koala
    нормально, спасибо
  2. AJPatch
    AJPatch
    5/5,
    no BS thanks
  3. Epicmine
    Epicmine
    3/5,
    Crash in Nightly 16.10.14 :l
    I see that something with revive time.
    Start crash.
  4. Sumyjkl
    Sumyjkl
    5/5,
    I didn't even realise this happened. Hate it when things like that break the game.
  5. Akari_Enderwolf
    Akari_Enderwolf
    5/5,
    This mod will make things so much better. Especially if they don't add in something to regulate the ore loss some.
    1. Fibriel Solaer
      Author's Response
      Thank you for commentating! You may also want to look at Good Start to get rid of the test dungeon they've put in and to ensure your first planet is TL1.
  6. tyro
    tyro
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-08-04a
    THANK YOU GOD

I mean, I like to think I'm no slouch in the game difficulty department (I play Don't Starve, ffs), but much as I love getting to see all the cool stuff in the nightlies this bug made it almost unplayable. Very frustrating.

This thing will be a lifesaver.
    1. Fibriel Solaer
      Author's Response
      I'm happy you like it. Spread the love, we can't have everybody getting screwed by glitches and unfair game mechanics.
  7. Untrustedlife
    Untrustedlife
    4/5,
    Version: 2014-08-04a
    Its good, even though its basically a way around difficulty to be honest they should just add an easy mode like this, then everyone will be happy.
    1. Fibriel Solaer