1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

NovastarX's Ground Seeders 1.4

Adds Matter Synthesisers that spread grass, sand, crystals, etc. onto tiles + their Crafting Tables.

1. NovastarX

Logo Rasterization.png

Adds Matter Synthesisers that spread grass, sand, crystals, etc. onto tiles, and adds the crafting devices to make them.

Also available on Steam! Titled "Ground Seeders".

Also includes FrackinUniverse seeders (which requires the FrackinUniverse mod), and a custom grass/ore testing seeder.

Have you ever been in a biome or on a planet and knocked off the dust or grass on top of tiles you were digging and suddenly wanted that surface back? Maybe you think that your secret base or colony needs a fleshy membrane or a thin layer of ash to stand on. Well now that’s all possible! Introducing new “Matter Synthesiser” tools that will spread various materials onto the surfaces of tiles!

biomes.jpg

Note:
    Some material colors will vary from planet to planet. It depends on how biomes that use those surface modifiers are generated.

The crafting station (Synthesis Table) needed to get started is found at the Engineer’s Table. As you progress in Starbound, new material cans will become available per ingredients found.

menu.png

Each tool is intended to be a little difficult to craft because of the fact that they have essentially infinite utility and seeds with pixel cost exist within the game. And if you’re doing multiplayer, you can share items and have the associated blueprint trees transferred per component or tool.

Bonus:
    A material modifier testing tool (found in the included “test_seeder” folder) is also included in the zip file. If you’re a modder who wants to create your own ground modifier or ore, this tool will allow you to spray whatever you specify onto tiles in order to test them.

Just drop the folder into the mods folder to use. This is a cheat tool, so the “Test Material Seeder” will be available at the Synthesis Table with admin mode enabled.

Within the “testseedcloud/testseedcloud.projectile” file, you can change what the tool places onto the ground. The line is:

"newMod" : "aegisalt",

Which is under the comment “// Material name here:”. The predefined material is “aegisalt”, but this can be changed to whatever you want or need.

To simulate an ore vein, you’ll have to go line by line with a tile material:
    1.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Wonderful mod! Only thing I would like to See is maybe some custom grasses added! A++
  2. Kristof_Playz
    Kristof_Playz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Super Cool
  3. Crusism
    Crusism
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    A very functionally legitimate way of 'grassing' the planet - as simple as an Apple product and as science as Bill Nye. 5/5
  4. Kawa
    Kawa
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    This is exactly what I needed for my experiments with carpetlaying. I especially like how inviting it's made.
  5. Solzucht
    Solzucht
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    wow! :D cant wait for a steam release <3
  6. hevenik
    hevenik
    5/5,
    Great mod. Love it :) but there's no workshop version? :(
    1. NovastarX
      Author's Response
      The Workshop version's coming, don't worry. :) I just wanted to make sure everything was working properly before I put it up.
  7. Mooncalf99
    Mooncalf99
    5/5,
    A fun and thought-out way to implement something cool. Feels very fitting with the setting.
    1. NovastarX
      Author's Response
      Thanks! :D
  8. donpapillon
    donpapillon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Besides being a creative approach to something people want, this is very well made. You integrated it well with the game, it feels like something that should be implemented in vanilla.
    1. NovastarX
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I thought a lot about every part of the mod and I also wanted a way to put other things besides grass on the ground, too! :)