1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. v2.0.0 UPDATE - MORE ACCURATE THAN EVER

Bouhm
    v2.0.0 UPDATE

Major changes:
    - Completely reworked tracking system (and consequently, a lot of the code) to be accurate for the whole map (more helpful for other mod developers)
    - Now includes a heavily modified map page to be much more accurate to the game world (this took forever)
    - Added translations for localization -- also fixes tool-tip overlay issues

Minor Changes:
    - Tool-tip placement pulled out of menu; now changed with 'Space' or D-Pad (because menu space is precious)
    - Updated for new game content; new locations, new farms
    - Mod now tracks player (the main reason for the major changes)
    - Added controller support (STRONGLY RECOMMEND DISABLING CONTROLLER STYLE MENU IN OPTIONS)

It's the little things:
    - Farm buildings will show up on the map (if any)
    - A tiny house icon will appear on the top left of the name tool-tip if the hovered NPC is indoor.

More notes on the modified map:
    - It's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate than the previous map. I felt this was necessary if I'm going to include player tracking since that means now I have to worry about the accuracy of the whole map.
    - I've also tweaked shapes, sizes, and colors of buildings to be accurate to how they are in the game. Like why is Pierre's a yellow box?
    - This part took the longest time. It was maybe like 25% coding and 75% pixel art cartography.
    [​IMG]

More notes on the translations:
    - First of all, thank you to all of those who provided the translations, and sorry it took so long for the update.
    - I had to shorten and tweak the menu strings because they would be way too long in some languages. Which means I tried to take out words and still have languages I know nothing about still form a sentence, as well as run the Chinese translation through Google translate since the game only accepts simplified Chinese characters. Please do correct translations if you can.</p>

Images

1. 3.png
    2. 6.png
    3. 7.png
    4. 8.png
    5. 9.png
Return to update list...