1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Organic Fuel (Glad Giraffe compatible!) 1.3

Use wood, coal, plant matter, core fragments, sewage, lava, oil, etc. as fuel.

1. Holgast
    [​IMG]

biofuel.png

This mod allows the use of most 'organic' items - logs, vines, plant matter, and 'compressed organic' items, such as fossils, sewage, and ancient bones as fuel.
    This mod also re-enables coal as fuel and adds the ability to use core fragments as well.

This is currently still a .rar file for easy editing if people want to tweak it, but I can make it a .modpak if requested.

Full list of items that now give fuel in this mod:

Liquids:
    All 'water', including swamp and healing water (1 fuel unit), milk (1), slime (1), oil (2) and lava (3). That is, all liquids excluding poison - it corrodes the fuel tank and it's not good for the engine.

Items:
    All types of logs, including 'alien' and 'rainbow' (1 fuel unit)
    Alien wood sap (1)
    Coal (2)
    Gunpowder (1)
    Core fragments (1) Finally, a use for those!
    Fossil ore (2) - grind up those dino bones! (is this still obtainable now that fossils are in?)
    Ancient bones (2)
    Floran vine blocks, plant blocks, plant matter and plant platforms (1)
    Cacti blocks (1)
    Coconut blocks (1)
    Magmarock (2) - not quite as effective as regular magma
    Sewage (3)
    Tar (2)
    Waste and toxic waste (2)

Q&A:

Q. Does this work in multiplayer?
    A. Only if the server has it installed. If you're running this mod on someone else's server that doesn't have the mod installed, it won't actually work.

Q. Why can't I use wood planks as fuel?
    A. Because you can't set a decimal as a fuel integer, and it wouldn't make sense to give it as much as logs.

Q. Why does sewage give so much?
    A. Those outhouses sure aren't doing anything useful. I gave it three units because it's not particularly common. I may edit this if requested.

Q. I don't want to have poo stinking up my hyperdrive.
    A. You can still use anything else as fuel. Wuss.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. togekiss
    togekiss
    1/5,
    Version: 1.2
    It didn't work first off, secondly it deleted a bunch of my items, turning them into "Generic items" which included over 2,000 healing water.
    1. Holgast
      Author's Response
      Hi there! I've just tested this again today and it's working perfectly on my end in single player (Doesn't work in multi, which I probably should have specified)

This mod only patches in a fuel amount for items and doesn't actually change item names or anything, so that shouldn't be happening. Are you running any other mods?

In regards to the healing water, for some reason the actual item in game is called 'liquidhealing' and not 'healingwater'. If you wanted to spawn some in, you'd need to use "/spawnitem liquidhealing [amount]" and not 'healingwater'.
  2. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    The fuel hatch (though still taking multiple drastically different types of fuel) is FINALLY consistent! :D One question: is there any way I can modify my personal copy to have new fuel sources? (just asking to make sure I don't break anything)
    1. Holgast
      Author's Response
      It's very easy to do. You just need to find the id of the item you want, and then add it to the file. I'm sure you can figure it out by yourself.