1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Overhauled Marriage Candidates 1.2.1

Replaces marriage candidates' portraits and sprites with versions based off old versions.

1. Rupert484
    This mod has not been updated in a long time. There will be missing portraits due to game updates since.

Disclaimer: All of the normal (read: first) expressions are made by ConcernedApe (with maybe a modification here or there). Thank you ConcernedApe!
    All of the other portrait expressions have either been drawn by hand or Frankensprited by me.
    All of the overworld sprites have been created by GianTDIX. Thank you GianTDIX!

Download link leads to the Nexus since it's easy to keep track of updates there.
    Thread is also here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since many people have expressed a dislike for the vanilla marriage candidate portraits, here is a mod that aims to replace them to a version from earlier in development with matching sprites.

Installation Instructions:
    If you want all the portraits and sprites:
    1. Extract or open up the .zip using your extractor of choice.
    2. Drag the "Content" folder into your main Stardew Valley directory.
    3. When asked to merge folders, choose yes and replace all the files.
    If you only want some of the portraits and sprites:
    1. Extract or open up the .zip using your extractor of choice.
    2. Go inside the "Content" folder in the download (not your game "Content" folder)
    3. In both "Characters" and "Portraits", copy/cut the characters that you want to replace and paste/replace them in the matching directory in the game's folders.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. Preview.jpg
    2. Ingamepreview.png

Recent Reviews

1. julnedlo
    julnedlo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1
    I really would love to use this mod. I especially want Alex but you set it to hidden on Nexusmods. Could you please not hide it anymore? Conflicts don't matter.
  2. emberfly
    emberfly
    5/5,
    I love this Abigail and Alex so much. I almost wish I had married Abigail instead of Alex. Almost.
  3. WolfGT57
    WolfGT57
    4/5,
    Maru's smiling portrait looks really weird but otherwise this mod is great!
  4. rawr1234
    rawr1234
    5/5,
    I LOVE this Abigail, only reason I'm considering her now over Penny... :x She just looks to purple in the original look. And Penny looks amazing as well. :)
  5. PosCyn
    PosCyn
    5/5,
    Quality work - especially awesome for including matching overworld sprites to match the modified portraits where they otherwise were different.