1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora's Box (Legacy) V4.0.2-Final

This aims to add variations to unique monsters, add uniques of it's own, and other little tweaks!

1. Pandora's Box V1.5

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, update time again. Got lots of stuff for ya today.

V1.5 CHANGELOG

AUTHOR NOTE:

I have some somewhat unfortunate news to share, regarding implementation of new alts for monsters that already had some added.

As you know, when the mod is installed for the first time, all monster's re-roll their skins pretty much. (Even ones you have captured) Recently,
    I have found that this also happens when new alts are added to a monster that already had some. So, for example, new poptop, adult poptop, and bulbop alts are coming
    in this update. Because of this, any of these monsters you currently have in your possession will re-roll their skins. (As will any on planets you have visited before more than likely.)

I know this may be inconvenient for some of you, but rest assured this sort of thing won't happen often. Most monsters I have already done, I consider complete in the way of
    variants.

That said, I am sorry for any inconvenience, and this information will be added to the Q/A over on the Steam Workshop for future reference.

VARIANTS

Taroni (104)
    Yokat (87)
    Bobot (75)
    Mandraflora (42)
    Voltip (83)

Kluex Sentry (9)
    Kluex Totem (9)

Bulbop (Was 20, now 42. Note that alts aren't one to one with the Mandraflora. Just added to these guys so they would be more up to par!)
    Poptop (Was 19, now 36)
    Adult Poptop (Was 18, now 34)

-Not all monsters introduced by Pandora's box will be capture-able. Some will just devote their existence
    to pestering the heck out of you.
    - Moons have always been fairly creepy. Fuel can be somewhat challenging to mine with the Erchius
    ghost waiting for you to pick up even just a fraction of fuel.

Moons are about to get even more lively, however. This is where Erchits come in.

Erchits are small ghosts that start stalking you as soon as they see you. They can't drain
    your health like the big guy, but they can make a nuisance of themselves since they're
    essentially immortal. All you can do to hold them back, is bat them away with your weapon.

One of their main flaws, is their inability to see you in liquids (particularly Erchius, ironically)

Don't drop your guard because of this though. Don't forget that the Erchius ghost can see
    you just fine...

- Slime biomes have a new monster for you to worry about: Oculobbers
    Oculobbers are flying gelatinous eyeballs that spawn oculobs. They aren't particularly a threat themselves,
    but their offspring can quickly become a handful if you leave it to it's own devices.

Oculobbers have decent health, and some regen. Dispatch them when you see them, or prepare to be up to your knees in
    oculobs!

TWEAKS

-The yokat sheets for both the base monster and eyes (for when it opens it's eye when it spots you) has been tweaked, to better accomodate
    alts. In yokat alts, the eye is always the same color no matter what. (Technical thing. Sorry)

-Kluex Totem is now capture-able. They are immobile monsters, but can make for great sentries, both tethered, and as backup.

-Fixed the shiny pets sheet for the Taroni.

-You can now find Kluex Sentries, and Kluex Totems in desert biomes. It is theorized they were stationed in these areas to protect
    possible Avian structures hidden further below the surface... They are uncommon spawns, but keep an eye out for them nevertheless!

Many of them are quite old, and thus are starting to turn on their original creators... Talk about irony.

-You might start spotting minidrones on scorched worlds. They're of miniknog design, but no one knows why they were sent to these places...
    Perhaps they are scouting for secluded camps of the resistance?

Whether they are intent on harming you depends on the group's programming. Some are passive, just scouting the planet. Others are aggressive, and will try to attack
    if they see you.

-Ixolings are now an uncommon spawn underground. They can spawn in up to groups of three. Don't worry about these little babies becoming Ixodooms.
    That won't happen for at least 200 years!
Return to update list...