1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora's Box (Legacy) V4.0.2-Final

This aims to add variations to unique monsters, add uniques of it's own, and other little tweaks!

1. Pandora's Box V2.0

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Been awhile I know. After dealing with the untimely death of my old laptop, Wildcard, I got a new one prepared, and got back in action. I've spent these past few weeks cooking up some very, very juicy new stuff for ya! Here's a changelog:

V2.0 CHANGELOG

NEW VARIANTS

hynare (19)
    miasmop (59)
    scaveran (56)
    snaunt (56)
    snuffish (79)
    sporgus (39)
    toumingo (113)

-All monsters in the walker folder (that I was doing alts for) now have
    variants! Hooray!

CAPTURE POD REVAMP

-The behavior of empty capture pods has been completely overhauled.

In most circumstances, when a monster is in the vicinity of a capture pod in flight,
    the pod will begin homing in on the monster. If there are multiple monsters, it will
    aim for the one closest (Best be strategic when dealing with a group)

If there are no monsters in the area, it will fly just as it would before this update.

Other changes to the empty capture pod worth noting:

-The empty capture pod now makes an audible "plink" when it hits the ground or a wall.
    -The pod emits a sound while in flight.
    -Pods can bounce a couple times before turning back into an item.

In general, I have made attempts to make capture pods do their jobs better, and give them a larger margin of error (nobody likes watching their pod go flying past their target,
    and go flying into a pit...)

(By extension, this should also hopefully make the "capture failure if the pod hits
    a wall/the ground before the capture triggers" bug much less common.)

(Filled capture pods also make the same sound effects when thrown/colliding with walls/the floor. This is to maintain consistency.)

(There is now a windup before the empty capturepod is thrown, and a cooldown before
    another can be thrown. This is to try to negate potential exploits.)

--This capture pod rework was made possible by the user C0bra5. The capture pod's overhauled script evolved from their homing projectile script.

NEW MONSTERS

Mushtop

Poptops that have been infested with fungal matter. They reside in mushroom patch biomes (What a surprise huh? Ha.) In addition to their charge, they can shoot spores in the same vein as the Sporgus.

Eyevalve

A monster that dwells on the seafloor in Oceans. It is actually two creatures technically. An eyeball known as an Aqueye, and a bivalve, resembling a clam. The creatures form a symbiotic relationship. The Aqueye helps the blind clam locate prey, and the clam provides the Aqueye protection

It is a very hardy monster, but has a weakness to electricity.

Sluirm

Sluirms are unassuming slug-like monsters that dwell underground. They crawl along ceilings until someone approaches them, causing them to drop on them.

They are weak to physical attacks, but have amazing resistances to elemental weaponry. They also pack regen, so you better have a pure physical weapon on hand if you're dealing with more than just one. They're slow, but they might become a mild annoyance in larger numbers, or when encountered in areas occupied by other monsters.

MONSTER IMPROVEMENTS

Nutmidge

Nutmidge has some new tricks up it's shell!
    -The King Nutmidgeling can now tuck it's body into the shell upon getting struck, giving the enemy a moment of invulnerability.
    -This behavior also stops the Nutmidge's charge if they are struck in the middle of charging.
    -The King Nutmidge can also tuck it's body in every once in awhile while not attacking things. Perhaps it's checking on it's peers inside the shell?
    -Nutmidge now has some physical resistance! Better start playing on it's fire weakness!

Nutmidge fixes

-Nutmidge's hurt and blink sprites have been tweaked to match what they are supposed to be. It's eyes will no longer bulge when it blinks.
    -Nutmidge also has had a break sprites on some variants fixed, to use the flash effect the others use.

-Added a starter grabbag

When you start a new character, you will now find a grab bag in your ship locker. This contains some capturepods and a pet healing station to start you out as a monster tamer, and a Pandora's Box Welcome codex. Please read the codex, and note that the credits can also be found here too!

TWEAKS

-I've made another adjustment to the distribution of pets. Ship pets now unlock after various missions are completed. The pet unlocked will correlate to the race mission completed. (Snuggets will unlock after the completion of a Novakid quest, if we ever get one. For now, they unlock after clearing the Erchius Mining Facility, along with
    the cat.)

Non-racial pets will unlock after certain quests too. (This change has no effect on the pet you get in the ship locker of your vanilla race.)

-Some vanilla ship pets also display text bubbles when you interact with them. (Particularly Cats, Snakes, and a few others)

Nothing fancy. Just some simple responses. (Like "Meow")

-Misc changes and adjustments to various Pandora Monsters.

-The recipe and price for capture pods has been adjusted to accommodate the general improvements to the item.

BUGFIX

-A spawntype issue has been rectified. Broken midnight planets should now.. no longer be broken. lol

Well that's about it. Did a lot this time around, since 2.0's kinda a milestone.. Have fun, and please let me know if you experience any glaring issues.
    Saint Apollyon and MerlinDHF like this.
Return to update list...