1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy Reborn 1.2

The lawless birds you know are back!

1. greyedstars
    The mod you know and love returns!

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! Penguin Piracy is a mod that greatly expands upon one of Starbound's most infamous races: The penguins. A crafty, yet extremely intelligent race of flightless birds. Don't be fooled by their cute appearance. These cheeky rogues are big fans of mischief! They often deal in blackmarket goods, shady business practices, and space piracy! This mod doubles as a race mod: when paired with the various penguin addons, you can play as a penguin! (A race extender is required for the penguin races in this mod to be playable)

What's new?
    - Robopenguins now have fully humanoid sprites and more customization
    - Racial Mechs
    - Redone racial stats
    - Slightly edited lore! Entire races don't go to war, after all, just factions.

What's gone?
    - Weapon Roulette- The penguin weapons you could get are now found as random weapons in the wild.

What's upcoming?
    - More custom dialogue
    - More custom clothing
    - Penguin Dungeons
    - Penguin Space Encounters

When can we expect this new stuff?
    When I'm done with a Lore Rewrite I'm working on!

Somethings broken!
    Submit an error report with a pastebin link to your .log!

Can I make an edit or patch to this?
    Ask me first!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS​
    1. Unzip the file somewhere that won't touch the game
    2. Go to /THE MODS/MAIN MODS/penguinpiracyreborn.pak
    3. Move or copy the .pak file to your mods folder
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Saint Apollyon likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Woops! All typos!

Recent Reviews

1. megagameryagiz
    megagameryagiz
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    very well, but wold be better if theres a way to dont add penguin characters
  2. qlp12222
    qlp12222
    5/5,
    Great to see a redux of one of the classic mods.
  3. Lumpy109
    Lumpy109
    5/5,
    It's great that this mod has been fixed, and even added upon, but may I suggest a polar themed penguin ship? Perhaps a giant glacier that's been modified into the shape of a ship? Or something else polar themed?
  4. Lumpy109
    Lumpy109
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Excellent mod, but I do have a problem. When I die as a penguin, I'll get an error. It states that it had an issue and couldn't perform task cinematic_respawn, making this mod a tad bit useless.
    1. greyedstars
      Author's Response
      Thanks Lumpy! Got that fixed in the update!