1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Chickens 3.5

Today's your clucky day!

1. ztwilliams98
    ztwilliams98
    2/5,
    Version: 3.5
    No clue why, but this mod removed the iron bar recipe from my furnace. Dont know if it is a compatability error with a different mod I have installed, but cannot smelt iron bars if I have this mod installed. Its a bummer too, because I was looking forward to trying this out!
  2. almahdimhmd767
    almahdimhmd767
    5/5,
    Version: 3.5
    can you make the incubator a crafting station that takes 3 minutes ? the current incubator is kinda buggy and dosent work so good
  3. gartfart36
    gartfart36
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.3
    "It's finger lickin' good!"
  4. LunSei
    LunSei
    5/5,
    Version: 2.8.1
    One of my favorite mods.
  5. PufferPig
    PufferPig
    5/5,
    Great Job
  6. PabloElPuas
    PabloElPuas
    5/5,
    Love would be nice to be added to Starbound
  7. PwnagPotato11
    PwnagPotato11
    5/5,
    Version: 2.8
    I LIEK CHICKENS
  8. Amethystumn
    Amethystumn
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7
    Adorable mod and I like that there is a quest line for the chickens as well. I don't really like the idea of 'ore chickens' but I'm happy with the normal one. Perhaps in the future updates you can make chicken breeds that resemble real exotic chickens or something : ) but all in all this is a fantastic mod and I have 2 adorable little chickens in my chicken coop that I made for my farm. Thanks!
  9. BlaineMuffin
    BlaineMuffin
    5/5,
    This is such a great little mod. I hope it gets expanded on, but as is it's pretty wonderful! :D
  10. Deekkru
    Deekkru
    5/5,
    One of my all-time favorite mods by far! I have a few backyard chickens of my own, and it was a bit depressing to realize I couldn't raise them in Starbound as well - at least, not until I discovered this wonderful mod! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. <3

Would you mind if I made myself a modified version with actual chicken breeds? The ore chickies are great, but now I want a massive flock of all the breeds I can't fit into my tiny RL coop. Just...Buff Orpingtons and Ameraucanas everywhere, man. AND AN ENTIRE PLANET OF SHOW-QUALITY SILKIES.
  11. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    You promised me more content, come on ;-)! It has been some month now.
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      Sorry guys, I've been busy with life again... I sometimes have no access to a computer for weeks aside for work related tasks, please bear with me and soon I'll give you guys an awesome update.
  12. Fleshwarper
    Fleshwarper
    5/5,
    Hey man wanted to spout some praise for this awesome mod. My heart always ached when I passed by Glitch chickens. I love the mod so far, the quests are so sick. And I was wondering if I could please make a personal request? I would love to see a white rooster with a red comb and a black tail, here's the catch... If you could give him a small fire-breath special attack to use on foes I would love you forever and do fan art for all your mods. I have a cartoon character that is a super powered rooster who can breath fire after being hit by an alien beam, he breaths fire and protects the coop. Like a space Chanticleer. His name is Pojo :D Anyways, 6 Stars for you man!
  13. FuzzyRoxas
    FuzzyRoxas
    5/5,
    Version: 2.61
    This is going to be the first mod i have downloaded, and i am going into it with a positive attitude. the reviews look great so i am excited, keep up the good work!
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you find any bugs, etc. I am working on making the timers better as well as implementing the next tiers of chickens soon. You'll find the eggs for the new chickens in chests... I'm also looking into making chickens spawn in certain biomes, etc. :)
  14. whitekitestrings
    whitekitestrings
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    i'm so glad someone brought back chicken farming, but better! thanks for this mod.
  15. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    now i can live my chicken-related fantasies!
  16. Deadguy87
    Deadguy87
    5/5,
    Version: 2.01
    Love it, i hope you will do more than just chicken breeding?
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      That's the plan, eventually. :-)
  17. infernalteuthis
    infernalteuthis
    4/5,
    Version: 2.0
    works as advertised and gives me some very adorable chickens, but theres a minor issue where they'll go up terrain but not down, so theyve all condensed into one small area where i placed them.
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      I'll look into fixing this.
  18. subaru1991
    subaru1991
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    i love but i dont know how use incubator.. please a mini help
  19. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9
    I love how you take suggestions seriously. Why cant everyone be like that? Very nice now, mod feels 10 times cooler now. I got like 250 eggs after going afk some time before and this is "fixed" now, due to the higher breeding time, very good! :-)

The feather idea is very nice. Maybe make a own station for that in the future? Like a "Feather Compressor" of some sort ^^

Any chance to make the chickens "clickable" so when you are in front of the chicken and press "E" (interact button) it stands still / wont move around? Just in case someone dont want to lock it up but still staying where it is supposed to be.

I would love to help you any way, but sadly I dont have any skills of use in that regard. I hope you find the time to make this mod even better!
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      You sir are on the same wavelength as me! Haha. I had actually been planning a feather compressor all along, I just wanted to get the feather update out quicker. :D
  20. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Hope you will develop this mod some further :-) I hate good mods fading in darkness after 2-6 months..
    1. Omekk
      Author's Response
      Don't worry, it won't! I have big plans for this mod... I've just been really sick and work has consumed a lot of my time too. Keep checking in! :D