1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Phox Race 0.7.0

Adds a race of clever colonial foxes!

1. LeviThePants
    Adds the phox race to starbound!

The phox are a race of humanoid foxes, new to the universal stage. Just prior to contact by the protectorate, the phox engaged in a civil war. It was a revolution, freeing the thirteen star-systems from the rule of the phox homeworld "Brixon."

The Phox mod adds:
    A new race! The Phox, based off of Colonial America.
    New armor sets! I've completed 4 so far with human placeholder art
    Custom outpost visitors!
    A custom ship!
    A custom flag! Good old Betsy Phox.
    Many scan descriptions.
    A special addition to industrual and astro ships.
    Phox tenants!
    Phox villages! (However bad they are, they need to be worked on some more, but they do exist!)
    And More to come! I enjoy adding more, but as it is my first full mod, it goes a little slow.
    Pirates! Yarr!
    Master dungeon.png

You will need a species extender of some sorts.

I hope you get as much joy from this as I have.

Musket.png

Final note: I work primarily from the steam version. I'll try to keep this one up to date with the original steam version, but updating this is a LOT more work than updating that. For very small updates, I will only do the Steam version, therefore you must have asset mismatch enabled if you plan on playing with a steam-client friend. Sorry!

(Fully upgraded ship)
    Ship.png

(I had a huge speech about stealing my mod down here. You wouldn't even think about doing that would you? Just remember that I have copies and versions of this from before you ever imagined my phox. With that being said, as long as you're not claiming the race as your own idea/creation/work, feel free to use any/all assets in whatever you want!)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. Intro pic.png

Recent Updates

1. Scan descriptions finished, and stuff.
  2. Faces and stuff
  3. Yarr update

Recent Reviews

1. Shooterguy1220
    Shooterguy1220
    4/5,
    Version: 0.7.0
    These guys are awesome the lore fits and the design is beautiful. Had some trouble finding a village at first but after running into a few I was happy. Only thing they missed was good unique race weapons. If they get their own set of murder makers I really think they would be a perfect race.
  2. BardockOne123
    BardockOne123
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.1
    seriously this game is beautiful great please you have to continue improving it I like it!
  3. FirePura
    FirePura
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.1
    well done is better <3
  4. FirePura
    FirePura
    4/5,
    Version: 0.5.03
    medium but playable
    a little bit to fix faces and it would be even better!
    1. LeviThePants
      Author's Response
      Updated faces.

Something I'd been meaning to do but hadn't got around to it for a while.
      And as far as the "Medium" What would you recommend fixing? Not saying I'm going to do it, just looking for an opinion.