1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Redemption 3.0

A lore friendly expansion to Starbound

1. Armok
    20200103203229_1.jpg

Yes, this is FU compatible :p

//The following is an emergency broadcast from the Terrene Protectorate
    "With the fall of earth comes our own fall. Humanity is either under some new power or near extinct. To any and all remaining Protectors in this dark galaxy, our hearts and minds are with you, for you are our last chance, our last hope, for redemption"

This mod aims to expand upon the current lore of sb as well as to add content that feels "missing" from the base game, all in a vanilla friendly manner, while it may not be much as of yet, I have big plans for this mod. So stay tuned!

Current content:

Protectorate content:
    -Damaged Sidearm, comes with the expanded starting kit, a weak, but handy early game weapon.
    -The protector's handgun, repaired like the protector’s broadsword from the damaged sidearm, a fairly powerful chargefire pistol.
    -Protector's armor, end game armor, recipe is unlocked from the protector’s broadsword and is a tier 7 set of armor, comes with unique techs attached! (techs also available separately on the tech console once the armor is crafted).
    -protector's mech body colors are now available as proper mech colors.
    -protectorate armor themed colors as dyes.
    -a 'secret' codex found in the protectorate base space encounter.
    -buffed protector's broadsword to restore it to it's rightful place as the best broadsword in the game, also buffed the protector's mech body to feel like a proper reward for all the trouble of finding it.
    -an obtainable version of the protectorate dropship! comes with various modifications such as an infinite supply of plasma bombs and durability, as well as limitless flight. you can get its recipe from a quest by penguin pete once you've beaten the glitch mission.

Peacekeeper content:
    -neo tonfas, dagger like weapons to act as the melee equivalent to the neo magnums.
    -a new stun missile alt ability for the lazercaster, making it less underwhelming.

USCM content:
    -a new codex, a new cosmetic set and a unique weapon, all available in a new USCM remnant ship encounter.
    -a re-implemented version of the old beta USCM tower, this time with some additional decor, loot and guards!
    -camo dye.
    -an obtainable version of the vanilla jeep, sold by penguin pete.
    -a brand new USCM remnant bunker dungeon, including its own unique codex. (Comes with built in more planet info support)

Ancient content:
    -a new hat and unique weapon obtained as ancient vault loot.
    -a master manipulator skin as reward for defeating the ruin.

Misc content:
    -an expanded starting kit, it now includes medical supplies, rope and flares!
    -obtainable and improved versions of the penguin tank and ufo, both of which are sold by the bartender.
    -shadow guards, armed with sinister daggers, these beings will watch over their unarmed fellows, and strike back with a vengeance against those who dare harm them...
    -two new codexes describing the human and hylotl governments (both found in their respective racial villages, such as human campsites and hylotl underwater cities)
    -Impervium alloy (crafted in the atomic furnace), plus a defense oriented armor set and shield crafted from this rare alloy.
    -new dialogue for Esther, Nuru, Koichi, and the Baron!

Future plans:
    -Miniknog gear
    -Letheia mining facilities
    And much much more.

Come join the official discord for my mods: https://discord.gg/MBaUNt8

Known Incompatibilities:
    -BYOS, it messes with the shiplocker and prevents the player from getting the damaged sidearm and other goodies
    -various small race mods, they don't seem to load up the added items into their shiplockers, known race mods with this issue include phantasm, lastree, and indix

Credits: Jackal chan for the sprites, Commander_AM for master manipulator sprites, Tactical Assault armor sprites taken from United System Enhancement with permission from RaTmAnPL, CaptainRumBarrels for the USCM ship dungeon design and music, Mighty Annihilator for techeffect code, 0x00FF00 for protector's sphere tech, Anomnom for the new icon and ancient mask sprite, Silver Sokolova for Lua help, and last but by no means least, Chucklefish for making such a truly wonderful game.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. misc update the nth
  2. tower hotfix
  3. mini misc update

Recent Reviews

1. fueselwe
    fueselwe
    4/5,
    Version: 3.0
    Great mod with out question.
    The only problems I had were on one hand the new quests somehow not showing, not even with commands, though that wasn't a problem for me really.
    The other thing for me is that the protector's sphere can be rather janky at times with the spike sphere attribute.
    My idea for the protector's sphere would be having to hold down right mouse button or something for it to actually stick to things or maybe a way to toggle it so it doesn't get in the way at times
    1. Armok
      Author's Response
      hmm, could you share with me a log in the mod desc? I might be able to help you out with the quests.

I also thought I fixed the sphere's jank... perhaps even going one above the speed of the spikesphere isn't great. or maybe it's something else that's bothering you
  2. nicjona41
    nicjona41
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    1. Armok
      Author's Response
      thanks for the 5 stars but perhaps you could try leaving a reason as to why next time? :P

unless this mod makes you speechless or something, then this review is fine
  3. X_ZienIX_Xx
    X_ZienIX_Xx
    4/5,
    Version: 2.5
    In-game this mod has no author or description, does it mean its fine? also i only extracted it
    1. Armok
      Author's Response
      this should be safe, mods installed folder-wise tend to not show their details in game anyways, if you'd prefer there's a steam version of this mod
  4. retsuyama
    retsuyama
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    This one is great. Keep going!
  5. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747
    BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747
    5/5,
    Bodacious lore and weapons
  6. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    A worthy addition to the SB modding community.
  7. Arheos
    Arheos
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5.2
    I love it!
  8. Evolios
    Evolios
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.1
    I'm loving the protectorate-themed additions you made. I look forward to what else you add.
  9. Teonirn
    Teonirn
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.1
    Half-Ruin Occasus mutants? Say no more and take my five stars!