1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. Kiler_Cortez
    Kiler_Cortez
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3.1
    Good on you for making something unique!
  2. Silver_isley
    Silver_isley
    5/5,
    Makes each race unique and should, imo, be implemented into the base game :D
  3. Thomas25181
    Thomas25181
    5/5,
    Only problem with this whole thing is Nova kid can't heal i mean they are fire so maybe they heal with coal or wood or some other form of fuel but no heal at all? If making an item work as a crafting and food is difficult then make a coal sandwich or something please
  4. kat1004
    kat1004
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.1
    Amazing mod. I'm finally truly playing a Terraria-esque RPG, with racial perks like in D&D. Wonderful person.

The one issue I have is, with Glitchkind, wouldn't they be able to use stim-paks? I'd think of them as being able to inject the stim-pak in a similar way to a nitro-injection system of a racing vehicle... and my personal favorite creatures(Novakid) can't heal at all... Why not make it so they can eat foods and use healing items, but at a reduced value?
    Just a couple of ideas, if you want them... :D
  5. wacowal
    wacowal
    5/5,
    Awsome mod keep up the good work :-D,
  6. Boxed Out
    Boxed Out
    5/5,
    Like everyone before me has said; 5 Stars! This is a great mod and I really think this should be added into the game itself. I really like the idea of having races different from one another depending on what they are/look like. Great Mod! :)
  7. KirbyThePinkTerror
    KirbyThePinkTerror
    5/5,
    Thanks, i always wanted races to be different from the others and not be just vanity, also wanted them to be OP (Overpowered) AND have Flaws to balance them.
    Also please Make Novakids have some sort of way to restore health (Like Tahalika said). By the way, Could you give me permission to edit the mod and customize it? I will link to this thread, or perhaps just give you the suggestions?
  8. TomLlama
    TomLlama
    5/5,
    Floran were always my fave, you made them better, if you could make them immune to poison maybe? Novakids need a restoration item of some kind, maybe have them heal in direct sunlight aswell, would fix this problem immensely
  9. Keridan
    Keridan
    5/5,
    Absolutely fantastic! Having the races have different perks and abilities really helps to spice up the gameplay, and frankly I was sad that wasn't a feature in the first place.

I dunno if you take recommends, but I do have some ideas I've discussed with my cousins to share with maybe some future updates for the species.

Human: More starting health and/or defense, to match their hardy nature. Bandages heal 25% more than normal to show their healing capabilities.

Apex: Can attack with bare fists. Can climb trees and walls, but costs energy.

Avian: Automatically has the pulse or rocket jump. Can "fly" using energy by making them incorporeal, no longer able to interact with the physical world as long as it's active.

Floran: These guys are, to be honest, quite overpowered. So maybe a little debuff. First, perhaps their healing is based on the kind of block they're standing on, with natural/dirt blocks healing the most but manmade blocks healing the least. I do think they should still have the healing capabilities though. They also take more damage in lava and from fire and ice attacks, while resisting poison, earth, and maybe shock attacks. On buffs, maybe make them immune to poison water, and they can always get meat as well as pixels from monsters and NPCs, to show their omnivorous nature.

Hylotl: They do not get the slow debuff from water or oil. They can possibly run on water, as long as they keep going and not stop midway. All monsters and NPCs sans Florans are peaceful towards them.

Glitch: Can eat oil for healing or for a buff. Is not slowed in oil. Perhaps night vision as well?

Novakid: Some sort of item that they can use to heal is really needed. Perhaps the fuel or some new item like star energy?

In any case, I really look forward to seeing this expanded! I love the idea of the species having different buffs, and this was a much needed mod!
  10. Nova The Kid
    Nova The Kid
    5/5,
    Great mod; definitely adds some encouragement to play different races. Though I did run into a few glitches, I can't wait to see how it develops!
  11. sleepy123
    sleepy123
    5/5,
    This mod is awesome and you are awesome. Finally picking races feels as unique and interesting as it should.
  12. Bat-Deer
    Bat-Deer
    5/5,
    Version: v0.1
    Its an awesome idea hope your mod is the best in mechanics
  13. TheSilentObserver
    TheSilentObserver
    5/5,
    Even in this current, highly-experimental state, this mod just FEELS right. It makes playing a glitch, or a novakid, or a Hylotl FEEL right. No more fish-people drowning in small ponds. No robots suffocating. No more STAR PEOPLE being blind in the dark!

It's definitely loaded in favor of the more exotic races, at the moment, but then again... that's how a bog-standard human should FEEL in a universe dominated by fantastical alien creatures.
  14. Rex Blackbeak
    Rex Blackbeak
    5/5,
    Shittiest Mod Ever :D cus its so shitting awesome!!!
  15. Reno_fezzed_one
    Reno_fezzed_one
    5/5,
    Gives an interesting twist to the game mechanics. Could be useful and interesting in roleplay. I might be able to help you code this rest of this stuff.