1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. X La Eriza
    X La Eriza
    2/5,
    Version: 0.3.2
    this mod doesn't work in the Bounty Hunter version
  2. tojestgra
    tojestgra
    1/5,
    why is this in a modpak file it doesnt work
  3. PolloMan8
    PolloMan8
    3/5,
    Need a new version for starbound 1.3.3
  4. IoIvan
    IoIvan
    3/5,
    The modpack file does not work in my game
  5. Endred II
    Endred II
    3/5,
    I did a backup of my "players" folder, and then I tried to install it, but it didn't work. So I said "It will be an incompatibility issue", and so I tried to take away all the other mod and to leave only this two. No result. I tried then to leave only "RaceGameplayVariation.modpak", but has not yet worked. For every step I also tried to create a new character. But nothing. Tips? I really want to try this, because it look amazing. I have the original steam version, not a cracked version.
  6. Rishoune
    Rishoune
    4/5,
    This definitely has potential, but there's a few issues with some of the balancing. Just gonna throw a few personal suggestions in here.
    -Novakids are neat for exploring now, but they're crippled in fights. I'd suggest either letting them use some foods (pehraps only sweet items and sodas? Y'know, for that "sugar rush" of energy), some healing items, or giving them a constant health&energy regen that can stack with augments. Also they should have the larger energy pool, not humans, given novakids are the primary gun race.
    -Humans should receive more health from stims and healing items. Maybe instead of a huge energy boost, give them a very small boost to health/energy/def, or maybe they're "economical" and get a 10% (or more/less) discount from all vendors or something.
    -Avians should jump higher or move faster while airborne, since they're birds. And what about a buff for them when they have any Wings item equipped in the back-armor (not cosmetic/appearance) slot? Or perhaps they're better with melee weapons (more damage, faster, or less energy on specials) since they're trained warriors.
    -Apex should have some perk related to eating bananas or banana-based food, since one of their NPC dialogues is "Yes we love bananas but don't judge us on that". Given their lore is they traded "intellectual evolution for physical devolution" they receive less effects from normal healing items but perhaps they could do something with books..don't have an idea for that though, Apex are my least-played species.
    -Hylotl should receive some kind of buff when wet, separate from underwater energy regen. This could help them when its raining above-water. Maybe give them better night-vision, in reference to one of their books talking about how they have better "sight" than the other races.
    -Glitch. No complaints about the changes, they make sense. Just the other races need a few more perks/changes to be on the same level of uniqueness.

Again, just personal suggestions/preferences, but looking forward to seeing where this mod goes down the road.
  7. Marinebeast
    Marinebeast
    4/5,
    Really neat idea, although I feel there should be a little more balancing of costs and benefits! Floran should be more susceptible to fire/lava damage, maybe Hylotl are more susceptible to electricity/heat due to their amphibious nature?
    The base energy for humans is.. definitely something, but I feel it works out since they're not special in any other way.
  8. MrVauxs
    MrVauxs
    4/5,
    its nice but ... i love humans but glitch are just too op
  9. godf5
    godf5
    4/5,
    mother of good how good this mod can be? i dunno but it have at least one error and i will show in a question form:WHAT DOES THE BAD ASS NOVAKIDS EAT TO REGEN?
  10. Zairea the Floran
    Zairea the Floran
    2/5,
    Novakids should take damage from water, and not be immune to radiation or cold.
    And, because Novakids are made of fire, they should need oxygen to survive.
    Novakids should also be able to use stimpacks.
    Glitch also shouldn't be immune to heat and cold.
    And how about instead of taking damage from metal foods when not a Glitch, you just can't eat them?
    Glitch has too much base defense, and shouldn't be immune to fire hazards.
    Glitch also needs to be able to move faster and jump higher.
    Human has way too much mana, and that means they can easily spam specials and guns.
    Hylotl also shouldn't regenerate energy faster while underwater.
  11. xandertifft
    xandertifft
    5/5,
    please add the abbilty to go to gas giants to heal novakids
  12. FunkierZero
    FunkierZero
    5/5,
    Nice!
  13. Link2411
    Link2411
    4/5,
    Please make the Novakid be able to consume SOMETHING. Other than that, good job! I really like playing around with it. The balancing between races are lacking, but it's still fun
  14. Entariel
    Entariel
    5/5,
    Amazing mod! Thank you for it~

About Novakids: maybe it is a good idea (by bstival7) to allow Novakid to eat core fragments to heal. And if not, then why not make it so they regenerates small amount of health when they are not moving and are not under water?..
  15. Stalkerdeni971
    Stalkerdeni971
    5/5,
    Amazing mod !
  16. Dr. Toros
    Dr. Toros
    4/5,
    The concept and implementation is good, but I found that the Floran regeneration of health or energy in light is currently not functional in any meaningful way.
  17. Phoenix28
    Phoenix28
    4/5,
    Amazing Mod but i think the floran should also be immune to poison and get instant killed by fire and lava
  18. bstival7
    bstival7
    4/5,
    Although I enjoy the mod, my main complaint is the Novakid have no way of healing. Perhaps you should add some "star fragment" or allow Novakid to eat core fragments to heal.
  19. c.bundy99
    c.bundy99
    4/5,
    Version: 0.3.1
    Pretty neat! And of coarse human's have the worst stats, like in every other game with multiple races.
  20. DruidicSymphonies6713
    DruidicSymphonies6713
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3.1
    I really do appreciate this mod, making many races more unique. But the Novakid need some sort of healing, possibly when interacting with lava? But still, an amazing mod.