I thought it was weird that every race used the same protectorate mission. It doesn't lend itself well to lore or roleplaying, and it makes it seem like everyone is the same.
Once I realized that it was possible to change the starting instances based on race, I set to work on creating full intros.
I aimed to keep them eventful, but not constricting. I wanted them to be open enough so that a character could be played many different ways with the same mission.
This mod adds an intro mission for all the non-human races, complete with:
New Instance Worlds
Every Mission includes a:
Salves and Bandages
* It is possible to miss the Broken Broadsword. While I made sure the Manipulator was mandatory, the sword is not. It will always appear in a weapon chest and be pointed at. It is hard to miss.
* These missions are not tutorials. They will, for the most part, assume you know how to play the game.
* This mod only adds introductions. The game is otherwise unchanged. The main storyline remains the same. There are like 50 "skip the story" mods out there if you want one.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you do an intro for a modded race?
I will not. These were a large undertaking, so I won't do any more than the vanilla ones. Intros for modded races fall into the hands of either you or the original creator. If you want to do it yourself, I'd be glad to give you some pointers.
What happens if I use a modded race?
If you play as a race that isn't one of the vanilla seven, you will use the Protectorate mission, just as always. It won't crash though, which is cool.
Is this Frackin Universe compatible?
It is! Rejoice!
I've found a bug! What do I do?!
Tell me. I'll fix it.
If you want to take my mod apart to figure out how it works, go right ahead, I'm happy to help.
In the end, I think the best teacher is the game itself. Nothing in this mod uses any new techniques, just applies tools already in the game. I learned it all by poking around in the assets and modifying things. If you can learn the patterns, you can mod. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you need to troubleshoot.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Racial Intros 2018-07-28
Unique Intro missions for every race in Starbound!