Free yourself from the tyranny of race-exclusive crafting recipes by using your piles of spare upgrade components to steal them!
To get started, use a once-upgraded Inventor's Table to build the Phyletic Cyanotyper; choose a race in this machine's interface and it will create blueprints that unlock a random recipe out of that race's default recipes. The machine consumes upgrade components (auto chips, manipulator modules, tech cards, upgrade modules) to produce these blueprints, with higher-valued components having a lower chance to be consumed with each operation.
This mod should work out-of-the-box with every current and future vanilla and modded race, assuming those races aren't doing Very Stupid Things with their internal file and/or parameter names.
Most likely issues:
- A race doesn't show up in the list: this means that race has done a Very Stupid Thing. It may or may not be feasible for me to work around this. Show me your starbound.log file right after you close the Phyletic Cyanotyper interface and I'll see what I can do.
- A race's blueprints only give you Perfectly Generic Item blueprints: this means the mod couldn't find any default recipes in that race's .species file. It's probably impossible for me to do anything about this.
- A race's blueprints start giving you blueprint items for things you know already: this means you've learned all of that race's recipes. Congratulations! If you close and reopen the Phyletic Cyanotyper interface, you'll see that that race is now grayed out with a yellow star next to it. You can still make blueprints for grayed-out races (including your own) if you really want to, but there's no reason to do so other than spending materials to gamble with the blueprint's sell value.
- A race that used to be starred stops being starred: there are new recipes available now that weren't last time you checked. There are two ways for this to happen; completing Dr Akaggy's mech quests will unlock mech body blueprints, or an update to Starbound or a mod could add new recipes at any moment.
- A race blueprint says it's not fully configured: you probably /spawnitem'd it. If you get an unconfigured blueprint from the Phyletic Cyanotyper, something went very wrong and you should show me the starbound.log file.
- The icon on a race blueprint looks strange: this means some other mod is changing teleport beam directives, because those are what this mod uses to color the icon. This is a purely graphical issue and will not affect the utility of the blueprint.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Racial Recipe Requisition 1.1
Learn from the best! Or from the worst, I'm not your boss.