1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Touch Damage v1.0 (Glad Giraffe)

Removes touch damage from monsters when not actively attacking.

1. leodudjak
    leodudjak
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0 (Glad Giraffe)
    touch damage is exceeded
  2. Phantomgo
    Phantomgo
    5/5,
    very usefull
  3. Forcedminer
    Forcedminer
    5/5,
    what can i say?
    I despise touch damage

when we had randomized mods with randomized powers turned into biome specific mods with touch damage.

the look of them is great no question but touch damage? you've gone backwards....
  4. Slaughter300
    Slaughter300
    5/5,
    This is a great mod for new players to the game if they want an extremely easy play-through. Not to say that is a bad thing but I personally feel it takes a bit much away from the game play. I like taking no damage from contact such as walking by an enemy and in some cases you can do just that if you time it right just before they become alert. Taking no damage at all will completely negate making bandages or eating food that doesn't give a bonus status effect. I keep this mod on hand if I ever feel like I might want to use it but I'm enjoying the game as is for now.

I don't play with this mod even after installing extra dungeons mod which adds more ways of dying and it also fixed the bugs I was having with some enemies in the sewers not moving but it also made most of the minions from Ixodoom not move unless you attack them. I can do with that not being fixed honestly that boss is hard on it's own w/o powerful weapons.
  5. sithalo
    sithalo
    5/5,
    idk what LegendXCarisso is talking about, the mod seems to remove all damage except actual attack damage from monsters for me.
    i walked right through a number of monsters and none of them caused me any harm at all unless it hit me with an attack.
    the mod description doesnt say it only does it on peaceful monsters, it says it does it on monsters that are not actively trying to attack the player, i.e. in between chargers or while wandering and it works far as my game seems concerned

but ive noticed recently that no enemies seem to hit me. ive been hit with projectiles, but the basic critter enemys just bounce around me and one regular monsters didnt do anything but walk back and forth over me.
    I think i remember them hurting me before and i havnt tested it out alot alot lol but its worth a mention lol
  6. LegendXCarisso
    LegendXCarisso
    2/5,
    Unlike what Pixelguru says, you must absolutely be careful to remember that this still does NOT "remove touch damage" truly, which is unfortunate... as in the description, it only does so on peaceful monsters... which is kinda pointless anyway considering peaceful/passive monsters WON'T attack you anyway! I don't want touch-damage anywhere in my game. Period. I also dislike the fact damage is INCREASED even with this mod, making an already-frustrating situation even worse. This doesn't remove touch damage... not even remotely... not where it counts.

I'd be willing to give this five stars if this actually removed touch damage entirely, from every single monster period. Make combat great again.
  7. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    A utility that does what it says on the tin. Thank you.
  8. NeatCrown
    NeatCrown
    5/5,
    i r8 8/8 m8. this is gr8! good that this isn't th@ l8
  9. Lleerk
    Lleerk
    5/5,
    Thank you. you are a hero.
  10. Coiso
    Coiso
    5/5,
    Good! No more anoing damage in close combat with gloves! Thanks!!!
  11. TinRobin
    TinRobin
    5/5,
    About Boddam time.
  12. NorthUniverse
    NorthUniverse
    5/5,
    thank you for doing what the devs should have done
  13. PotatoSS
    PotatoSS
    5/5,
    Yes! Yes! I really hate the damage done by touch. Latest updates battles really bad
  14. jj200275
    jj200275
    5/5,
    Finally! I was waiting for a mod like this for so long! Thank you Wellbott, another great mod!
  15. InfiniteRemnant
    InfiniteRemnant
    5/5,
    This mod is an absolute necessity, so long as collision damage in the base game remains as unbalanced and infuriating as it is.