1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex' industries [Dead] 2.6 ((Open)Source)

Adds balanced and cool equipment to Starbound!

1. Dreadsoul
    RI2.png

(The reason why it's dead is because I don't find much time now to continue this mod)

Important Info:
    I have realized that it is very unlikely that if I ever come back to modded Starbound, I would work on this stone-old mod from the late beta of Starbound again. I leave the old description so that you can get a picture of what this project once was. If you have any interest in the assets, just ask me for what you want them to use and it should be no problem. I re-upload this mod as it's last version so other modders can look into it, should they are interested in the ideas or assets.
    I know that Starbound will very likely crash if you would just launch this outdated mod, so I think it will definitely require a huge update, otherwise, parts of it could be integrated into other mods (I look at you FU), however, I have pretty much given up on this thing and leave it to the more determined modders.
    Anyway, thanks for reading this, was kind of a burden to me having this mod "currently dead".

Welcome to Rex' industries! This mod adds much stuff but mostly weapons to Starbound. You will start the game with a recipe for the Engineering Table. Here you can build all machines and electric stuff from RI. You'll be able to craft the Geartable now, there you can build all weapons and armors from Rex' industries. But before you can craft any of these, you need equipment parts. You can craft them in the Blast Furnace. Finally you can craft your gear! But if you want more advanced gear, you need more advanced machines, components, metals and so on. You see, Rex' industries has more stuff as you expected, and as you need.

Current stuff:
    -29 new weapons with unique effects!
    -3 new liquids!
    -5 new armors with special effects!
    -7 new machines and workbenches!
    -new monster loot that you can convert into pixels!
    -a new turret with more energy reserves for more power! You can break it too!
    -a new throwable explosives!
    -a new miningtool!
    -and more!

How to install:
    First, unpack the .zip file with winrar or 7zip.
    Next, simply extract the Rex' industries file into your Starbound-mods file in your Steam folder at common.

Pictures:
    (Some pics may be outdated)
    2015-09-12_00002.jpg
    2015-09-12_00003.jpg
    2015-09-12_00001.jpg
    2015-09-21_00001.jpg
    2015-10-17_00001.jpg

Info:
    All weapons have special abilitys, that makes them special to others!
    Bomber's Glove damage isn't important, it's ability makes it special.
    Dragonseal is a Monster Hunter greatsword created by Capcom.
    Please report errors in the discussions-thread not in a review. I don't know if this mod is working in multiplayer, but you can test it for me! And please tell me if I did any grammar-errors:nod:
    Suggestions are welcome!

If you have any requests for weapons or armor, you can ask me that in the disscusion-thread!

User requested weapons are:
    Dragonseal, Fireworklauncher, Pulsekatana,...

Please report any bugs you find and tell me, what you think about this mod!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 2015-09-06_00009.jpg
    CalimariGod and Starbound playa like this.

Recent Updates

1. Permissioned Open Source
  2. Armorfix
  3. The Mega-Update!

Recent Reviews

1. Lumpy109
    Lumpy109
    4/5,
    Version: 2.6 ((Open)Source)
    Interesting! I hope to see more of your work, as this is one of those mods that, though 'dead' and outdated, it can definitely be fixed, and worked on to improve! May I suggest adding to this mod and bug fixing instead of simply abandoning it? I mean, it'd be a great addition to my mod list. Thank you in advance, even if you decide it wouldn't be worth it, or just not want to. Cheers.
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Well of course you can do that. I haven't modded for like 3 years so I myself would need to "relearn" some of the stuff I have done for this. If you want to fix it, go ahead ;)
  2. Khaylebsters
    Khaylebsters
    5/5,
    Version: 2.6 (Armorfix)
    Love the mod man! GG, best weapon & armor mod I've seen so far.
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Oh thank you, I had the ideas long time ago, now I realize them!
  3. sayter
    sayter
    4/5,
    Version: 2.5 (The Mega-Update)
    Good start. However, your armor helmets are really annoying me. Why are they looking at the player, instead of looking in front of the character as it should be? It appears as if they are staring at you, constantly. This needs to be addressed :)
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the suggestion, I see what I can do with the helmets.
  4. tvi016
    tvi016
    5/5,
    Version: 2.3 (The soul-update)
    I absolutely love this mod. Everything is balanced enough to not feel like you are cheating and i love the fact that almost all of the guns and swords have their own special effect that you never have seen before.

Great job!
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Thank you for five stars! I like people that give big reviews because that helps me very much! What do you want for the next updates?
  5. marafon514
    marafon514
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0!!
    Beautiful stuff, bro! Absolutely - 5 stars. This is the one of the most coolest mods for starbound! :3
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      One of the most coolest mods for Starbound? Wow, thanks!
  6. draco1346
    draco1346
    4/5,
    Version: 1.9
    looks cool but how do u install.
    It doesn't register in my asset check
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      I can make a tutorial how to install the mod.
  7. betailas
    betailas
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9
    Cool mod with great ideas, waiting for further updates!
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Thank you for 5 stars man! The next update will be big, so look forward to that!
  8. The-Prinny-L0rd
    The-Prinny-L0rd
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7 Pleased Giraffe
    This mod is pretty cool dood keep it up.
    1. Dreadsoul
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the first review! I will update the mod every week 2 times. If you have any request I'll take a look.