1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Shadow-Casting Lights (Discontinued!) 2/18/2015

Now every object that generates light casts shadows!

1. DrakoZ
    DrakoZ
    5/5,
    Version: 2/18/2015
    long I wanted to write, so that's a plus.
    Good mod,few of these at the moment..
    And yet, mainly Problem is that the game changes considerably, and often have to rewrite a new way. And modders do not always want the new update constantly =)
    1. Shadow Wolf TJC
      Author's Response
      Thanks for understanding.
  2. LucainPhoenix
    LucainPhoenix
    2/5,
    This is either a pointless addition that was once good, or a waste of time. It's causing the newer version of Starbound to crash upon loading. Either needs an update or if not going to be updated, then taken down. I liked it at first, but right now it's not working with Spirited Giraffe
  3. Khuur
    Khuur
    5/5,
    It makes everything so much more environmental, if that makes sense. Very well done. Not too bad on my resources in normal use. The red flicker on the torches is kind of annoying though. It's too sudden. If you want a red glow you should have it fad in and out more smoothly.
  4. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Domo friggin Arigato!!!!
    Nothing more to say here :D
  5. Jhun
    Jhun
    5/5,
    Version: 2/9/2015
    I love this mod, it makes the game much more atmospheric. It does make it a little harder to see ore while mining, so I use COLOREBOUND with it. They go great together.
  6. Fearis
    Fearis
    4/5,
    Version: 2/9/2015
    OMG finally realistic torches! There is one really annoying (to me) effect on them now though: They flicker really bright red and it catches one's attention all the time. Like alarm lights. Otherwise this is a wonderful mod and makes the game so much more immersive. Really recommended!
  7. endlessmark
    endlessmark
    5/5,
    Version: 2/8/2015
    it looks nice with sweetfx :D
  8. Filip3D
    Filip3D
    5/5,
    Version: 2/23/2014
    :D
  9. Redsandjunkie
    Redsandjunkie
    4/5,
    It looks very good, but it also makes it more difficult to mine because torches don't shine very far through solid blocks.
  10. CheMax
    CheMax
    5/5,
    Great mod!
  11. Quatroking
    Quatroking
    5/5,
    Thank you for creating such a wonderful mod!
  12. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 2/21/2014
    Wonderfully atmospheric!

I play this with lowglow from the nexus, which basically balances all the lights to be dimmer. It seems to be compatible, or at least not noticeably incompatible.
  13. CatOCat07
    CatOCat07
    5/5,
    Version: 1/29/2014
    Awesome mod :3 works like a charm.
  14. songkranw
    songkranw
    5/5,
    This really give immersion to the game!
  15. danslencre
    danslencre
    5/5,
    Without change very mutch, it´s an awesome Mod! Im at the point, that I can´t play the Game without this mod. You´ve done very awesome! I hope they implement it to the game ^^
  16. neiroka
    neiroka
    5/5,
    +
  17. xWenQux
    xWenQux
    5/5,
    I love this mod :)
  18. Madosuki
    Madosuki
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-01
    Nicely done, one of my favorite things has always been the way flashlights work, glad to see more lights work like this.
  19. FormalRiceFarmr
    FormalRiceFarmr
    5/5,
    Love it right away.
    This is perfect
  20. LOCSA_XIII
    LOCSA_XIII
    5/5,
    this should be a SB standard.