1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Shadow-Casting Lights (Discontinued!) 2/18/2015

Now every object that generates light casts shadows!

1. Discontinued!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    I've started to get back into Starbound, although I haven't decided to update my old mods yet. Rather, I'd prefer to leave it to others to build upon my work, since my motivation for posting mods, aside from personal preferences, was to hopefully inspire other people to develop some kickass mods of their own.

Anyways, as I was looking at whether or not some of my old mods were still compatable, I noticed that the old Shadow-Casting Lights mod was now broken. Specifically, it was causing all of the lights to only shine to the right at a roughly 90 degree angle. I found out that a recent update had changed how the lighting code worked, so I'm afraid that I'll have to start again from scratch. Many of the more recent reviews have also pointed out the presence of problems, but I didn't know what they were until recently.
    2016-03-01_00001.jpg
    Unfortunately, when I tried to adjust the lighting angle to cover a 360 degree arc, it was causing the lights to not cast any shadows whatsoever. I'm currently at a loss as to how to restore the shadow-casting functionality of these lights, so sadly, until I can figure this out, I'm afraid that this mod will be on indefinite hiatus. I'm sorry! :'(
Return to update list...