Stable/Unstable: Click Here
Nightly: Click Here
Hello, and welcome to "Shiny Pets"!
This mod adds a separate color scheme to most unique monsters, such as the Snaunt and Poptop, to give them a less common appearance at times. Much like the Pokemon series, these alternate colors don't do anything other than look pretty or ugly, depending on your perspective. While Pokemon only has a 1/8000~ chance at finding a shiny, most monsters in Starbound have a 1/2 chance (only because I'm not sure how to make the colors rare)! Just as randomly generated monsters pick between color schemes, the Unique monsters will pick a random skin to spawn with. They will not have any perks, bonus skills, or anything else. Some have inverted colors, some have wild colors, some look dark and some look light, and a few are pale. Some have small differences, others have drastic differences.
Monsters that are not given shinies;
- All Bugs
- All Critters
- All Generated monsters
- All Ship Pets
- Apex Brain Mutant
- Apex Mutant
- Black Cat
- Cleaning Bot
- Gift Monster
- Glitch Knight
- Glitch Spider
- Po (all variations)
- Po Golem
- Repair Bot
- Robot Chicken
- Serpent Droid
- Sewer Fly
- Hemogoblin (Full and Head. Butt has a color possibility)
- King Nutmidgeling and Nutmidgeling (Nutmidge has a color possibility)
Nightly Monsters that are not given shinies;
- All Tentacle Monsters
- Big Ape Hologram
- Heli Cultist
- Kluex Sentry
- Kluex Totem
- Mini Drone
- Drag the "Shiny Pets" folder into your "Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods" folder.
- Delete the "Shiny Pets" folder from your "Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods" folder.
- Drag the "Shiny Pets" folder into your "Starbound - Unstable/mods" folder.
- Delete the "Shiny Pets" folder into your "Starbound - Unstable/mods" folder.
- If you uninstall this mod, the monsters that had the new skins will be invisible.
- If you wish to use these skins in multiplayer, ALL players on the server must have the mod.
- If you want to use this mod in a server mod pack, you are free to do so. Make certain to credit me, or else I'll be unhappy.
- Make the skins rare
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Shiny Pets 2016-03-11
Unique Monsters are now colorful!