1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittles Template Race Mod 3.0.4

Do you want to create your own race mod, but you don't know where to start? This is the mod for you!

1. Gazlon
    Gazlon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    but I have a problem . I can not use the cloth tab.
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      I have fixed the problem. I made an error in the sktest.species file. You can check out the update tab for the code or download the 1.1 version.
  2. Grimstuff
    Grimstuff
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Pretty useful for a basic new race. The only thing that could make it a lot better though are some descriptive comments in the files to explain what some of the harder to understand variables do, that's what took most of my time while making a race.

Also some templates for dialogue and NPCs would be nice to include too, and maybe also an example of a patch for object inspect descriptions. There's way too many to include em all, but just 1 would at least let new modders know they're a thing. Just some nice little extra things to help get closer to 1:1 parity with the default races.
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      I will keep that in mind for the more complex template. They aren't included at the moment... because I'm still learning. lol

The comment idea is good.
  3. bluefox679
    bluefox679
    5/5,
    Version: Broken, request help
    its good but you forgot to add the mod dependencies in the modinfo
  4. karrade
    karrade
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    Thank you for this resource
  5. Daimoth
    Daimoth
    5/5,
    The original.
  6. Blacksun67899
    Blacksun67899
    4/5,
    So, I'm a little confused here, is this supposed to let you access the cinematics, ect. ?
  7. Roundhouse Kitty
    Roundhouse Kitty
    5/5,
    Super good idea.
  8. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Great stuff! Should help people get right into modding their own race! I could have used this when I started! Maybe add links to a race mod guide in your description, so newcommers have somewhere to go for information on how to start editing!
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      I would... if I knew of a good one. xD. I learned through studying other mods.
  9. BlastRed
    BlastRed
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Excellent for starters!