1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittles Template Race Mod 3.0.4

Do you want to create your own race mod, but you don't know where to start? This is the mod for you!

1. robbieradiant
    robbieradiant
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.1
    extremely helpful, I already knew it was gonna be good when it was by you (since you make some of the best races) and it is. i use this for tiny races I make here and there, and I'm preparing to make a big one soon (which I might have to switch to advanced for but idk)
    1. DrPvtSkittles
  2. Tostytost
    Tostytost
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0
    Very nice mod, i've been a LOOOOOOONG time starbound lurker, got tired of there being like NOone interested in warcraft races other than the draenei mod (which has those beedy default eyes!) and a tauren mod (with cutesy anime eyes!) bleh, i just wanted to make one of those greedy new jersery accented goblins, and your template is certainaly a help
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      That's awesome :)
  3. Tweedia
    Tweedia
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0
    Great, I think I can use it to do something very interesting. If you agree…
  4. Novalent
    Novalent
    5/5,
    Version: 2.8
    This is honestly amazing, I was starting to work on my own race before I found this, and I found myself copying and pasting assets from the base game anyway, except I had to rename them in their corresponding .PATCH and .CINEMATIC files. This makes everything 1000x times easier. Thanks
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
  5. XFloraoX
    XFloraoX
    5/5,
    oh daddy love it
  6. agmoyer
    agmoyer
    5/5,
    Perfect, wanted to make a race mod two years ago but at the time was a little harder and the help I found then was edit someone elses race mod (like that would be easy).
  7. お茶Mi's
    お茶Mi's
    5/5,
    Thank you soo much, amazing template and easy to use, I can finally finish my race mod.~!!
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      Thanks! good luck!
  8. Jerrystarfeathers
    Jerrystarfeathers
    4/5,
    Version: 2.7
    A very good mod.
    1. DrPvtSkittles
  9. Dudicus1738
    Dudicus1738
    3/5,
    Version: 2.7
    I love this and it looks like itll be fine. But I'm stupid and I don't see the species on the create screen. It's in the mods folder and I didn't even edit anything yet and ran the .bat file. Any help please?
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      It's easier to discuss this in the discussion section :P. Check that your recipes have been renamed, the .bat file seems to miss that. Also check your starbound log file for more information.
  10. projectmayhem
    projectmayhem
    3/5,
    Version: 2.6
    Character's Images do not show on creation screen. I'm thinking it has something to do with using a capital letter. I could be wrong though.
  11. TheBauz
    TheBauz
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4
    THX for the awesome template (I will credit you).
    I have a question, after I changed the name of the file /interface/title/sktestfemale.png and /sktestmale,png it got invisible in the character creation menu, any solutions? (Happends on other races (mods) too that I have tried)
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      Heya! The .bat file isn't perfect unfortunately it doesn't do the recipes properly. (This causes issues). They will need to be changed manually. If you have further questions, please use the discussion tab. :)
  12. ZixNomz
    ZixNomz
    5/5,
    Great use! Im having an issue when i press c the game crashes. I cant find a code as to why, but maybe you have an idea?
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      Heya! The .bat file isn't perfect unfortunately it doesn't do the recipes properly. They will need to be changed manually. If you have further questions, please use the discussion tab. :)
  13. notanaccount2
    notanaccount2
    5/5,
    Very useful for updating obsolete race mods
  14. sar75
    sar75
    4/5,
    Hey Skittles I Need Some Help... This Is Amazing And I Love That You Made This Its SO Helpful But Whenever I Press 'C' My Game Crashes I Cant Figure Out Why And I Really Need Some Help. Thanks For Making This And Thanks In Advance For Helping Me.
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      Hey. What does your starbound log say? Also this will be much easier to troubleshoot in the discussion section :P
  15. IHart
    IHart
    5/5,
    dear Dr. Skittles,
    Yup.
    sincerely, IHCaTHB
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      I approve.
  16. Altreir
    Altreir
    5/5,
    Great. Thank you very much
  17. Aimlessimp05
    Aimlessimp05
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    This will work sell when I go to make the Hunter Race for the MonsterHunter Equipment mod.
  18. PJ4MaNA
    PJ4MaNA
    5/5,
    Yep. Does what it says. But still… It is so usefull. Or maybe not, But I like it nonetheless.
    TL;DR: why is it a mod, and not shipped with the game?
  19. Roskii Heiral
    Roskii Heiral
    5/5,
    Thank you so much for this tool, helped so much in creating my new race. Nice and simple, great starting point! Wish there was more stars to rate xD
    1. DrPvtSkittles
      Author's Response
      I am happy this mod has helped you :D
  20. junibuoy
    junibuoy
    5/5,
    this is great tool
    1. DrPvtSkittles