This mod as of now is very simple but I do plan in expanding it a bit.
Here's what the mod does:
So, just to clear it a bit, the normal formula is:
- Every day you lose a certain amount of friendship with every NPC in the game. The default base amount is 10.
- The more hearts you have with a person, the less you lose based on a per-level multiplier.
- If you give a gift to a NPC he will be "pleased" and you won't lose friendship for the rest of the week.
- If you miss an NPCs birthday the amount of friendship lost increases, the base amount is multiplied by a birthday constant and a different per-level multiplier and this is then added on top of the non-birthday loss.
- When you miss an NPCs birthday he will have a dialog talking about you missing his birthday.
amount = baseAmount * heartMultiplier.
The birthday formula is:
amount = baseAmount * heartMultiplier + baseAmount * bdayMultiplier * bdayHeartMultiplier
The mod has 7 configurations, they are:
- Gift Threshold <int>: How many gifts you have to give in the week to please the NPC. Setting it to 0 is the same as not having the mod, except that there's the birthday penalty that has higher priority. Default is 1. if you set it to 3 or higher, you will never be able to please the NPC due game limits.
- Base Amount <int>: A base amount that is multiplied to get the final amounts, default is 10.
- missBirthday <boolean>: If the mod will follow the birthday routines, default is true;
- Round Up <boolean>: If the mod should round numbers up or down, default is false;
- Heart Multiplier <array of float>: 11 floating point numbers, each number is the multiplier from 0 hearts to 10 hearts, anything above 10 hearts uses the 10 heart multiplier. Default is decreasing from 1 to 0.1 (BFFs are BFFs for a reason).
- Birthday Heart Multiplier <array of float>: 11 floating point numbers, each number is the multiplier from 0 hearts to 10 hearts used in birthday, anything above 10 hearts uses the 10 heart multiplier. Default is increasing from 0.1 to 1 (Missing the birthday of a stranger is ok but not remembering your spouses's birthday?).
- Birthday Multiplier <float>: A number that multiplies the Base Amount and the Birthday Heart Multiplier to get the final amount, missing a birthday is much impacting than not talking to someone. Default is 5.0.
So far there's only one dialog, I do plan to add a bit more for variety though.
(In the image: I lost Sam's birthday and there's a dialogue where he says "I can't believe you missed my birthday, Sky. I guess you had more important things to do..")
(Sky is my character's name so in the mod it should display yours.)
Suggestions, critics and bug reports are very welcome!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
[SMAPI] Relationships Enhanced 1.0.0
Adds more complexity to relationships.