1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Smol Avali 1.8

Avali but smol

1. Wasabi_Raptor
    upload_2019-12-28_8-41-37.png
    Here they are, the species you've always wanted but never knew you wanted

workshop link

Smol Avali

Canonically Avali are like only supposed to be less than a meter tall, yet in all iterations of the mod they have always been just as tall, if not appearing to be taller than all the other races.

and now they are very much smol

upload_2019-12-28_8-39-46.png
    so smol in fact that they have to have a magic seat cushion whenever they sit in a chair

upload_2019-12-28_8-34-27.png
    they even have a smol 1 block wide morphball as well (can only be enabled using /enabletech smoldistortionsphere or /smolaquasphere for the aquasphere variant at the moment, yet are entirely functional, just don't know how to prevent other species from getting them)
    upload_2019-12-28_8-37-58.png
    they are slightly more than two blocks tall when standing, and below two blocks tall when crouching
    [​IMG]
    most headwear works fine even if it may seem comically large

upload_2019-12-28_8-46-46.png
    ...yes that one fits particularly well

[​IMG]
    Tech panel has the respective Avali Graphics

Main Features
    • Smol Avali are a separate species to the original
    • Requires Avali-Triage and a race extender (obviously)
    • They are 2.5 blocks when standing
    • Less than 2 blocks when crouching
    • Head cosmetics are compatible for the most part
    • Unique text for inspecting from Avali Objects+
    Bugs and TODOs
    • Make other 'personalities'
    • Make Smol Distortion Spheres obtainable
    • Fix FR and FU BYOS support (rather low priority for me tbh)
    the workshop has links to other minor edits and different variations that were requested, as well as Frackin Races compatibility. I know not everyone uses the steam version so those edits and the FR patch are in another zip included in the zip provided here

Thanks to
    @Lukea153 for getting me started on spriting some outfits
    @TheOnlyRen for sending me the stuff for Avali Objects+ to implement
    @RyuujinZERO because he made the Avali
    @Fevix for the ship and the rest of the triage guys
    and odly
    @ManicRykker for inspiring this on the offhand by making the Penguin Priacy and proving that you *can* have a nonstandard race size, and I ended up basing on that as well as RaceBase
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. nightlol543
    nightlol543
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8
    This Looks Very Promising
    I Love the small Avali They look really cute
    Thank you for this great mod
  2. notanaccount2
    notanaccount2
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    all my yes
  3. Eric
    Eric
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Love them!
  4. LieutenantSuisei
    LieutenantSuisei
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    This just made me fall in love with the Avali even more! Thank for this mod. It works perfectly with the lore behind them and with the gameplay
  5. Moldis
    Moldis
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    You're right, I never knew I wanted this, but right now, it feels a little unfinished, so I'll be waiting for the updates. Looking forward to the updates.
  6. Saint Apollyon
    Saint Apollyon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    He too damb smol for he got damb game
    (In all seriousness, this is really cute! I always love seeing races that don't fit the "standard" template)