1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. 0.9.0 Beta: Combat, crafting and colors!

Marinebeast
    Whoo, this was a bit of a big one.
    But I can't just start classes again without an update, can I? Updates will slow down from here on out, but I'll still be quick on bugfixes as reports come in.

--------------------------------------

- Added tier 5 weapons, featuring the E-Liter 3K, the Hydra Splatling and the Luna Blaster.

- Added all variants of tier 6 armor. Be sure to save up gold bars for that Manipulator tier, you'll really need it. ;)

- Added 16 new furniture pieces! That's quite a lot. Some of them are by Coricus, thanks a ton for your contributions!
    -- This also includes the 4th and final vendor stall, Ammo Knights! Sheldon sells basic weapons, various explosives and fun things, and most importantly, the Inkling Toolbox and the respective color cartridges that you'll use there.

- Added the weapon modification crafting system! Starting at tier 3, creating or picking up an Inkling weapon will automatically teach you the recipe to modify that weapon at the Inkling Toolbox.
    Modifying a weapon will recolor it and its projectiles, often change its element, and sometimes give it a new alternate attack!
    -- As of 0.9.0, this includes Blasters, Splattershots, Machine Pistols (N-Zaps & Splash-o-Matic), and Splatlings. Future updates will bring more weapon classes with them.
    -- Note: If you haven't picked up or crafted any Inkling weapons, the Inkling Toolbox will not have anything craftable. Its contents rely completely on what you make, and it isn't retroactive, so if you have a tier 3 or higher weapon, be sure to drop it and pick it back up to get your modified weapon recipes.
    -- This feature is not fully tested due to time constraints, so some alternate attacks may be buggy or cause crashes. Please report any of either if you find them so I can fix 'em!

- Added Charms! Based off of the stats system from Splatoon, these are craftable buff items that you can make at the Consumables section of the Inkling Crafting Table. Somewhat similar to colored stims, they imbue the user with a buff for about 5 to 6 minutes-- a lot longer than most buffs from things that aren't food! The ingredients aren't super common, though.
    -- So far, you can make Damage Up, Defense Up, Quick Super Jump, Run Speed Up, and Swim Speed Up. There are more to come!
    -- I may make charms obtainable from merchant tenants in the future, but they certainly can't be crafted by anyone besides an Inkling.

- Added 4 more foods, including the Fish Nikuman and Colorful Dango. The sprites for the Colorful Dango and Melonpan are by Coricus, thank you!

- Added a new hat. It's one of my favorite hats.

- Inkling tenants should no longer be nude, and are a bit more functional now! Vendors should have loot tables while specialized tenants should have distinct sets of clothes that fit their jobs.
    -- This has not been tested too far yet, please report any weirdness so I can fix it.

- Fixed visual bugs with the Idol's clothes and a few other armor pieces. I intend to touch up the Idol's sets a little more so the crouch frame isn't as weird, but that's not happening tonight.)

- Fixed a few other things like missing item icons and weaponOffset on a few weapon models.
Return to update list...