1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. V1.0B: Happy Update Day!

Marinebeast
    IT'S HERE! THE BIRTHDAY SQUID-- I MEAN, VERSION 1.0!

Brace yourselves, this changelog is huge.

---------------------------------------------

- New semi-custom ship in the form of a recolored Hylotl ship. It has a custom shiplocker treasure pool and assets that fully match the color schemes going on.
    -- Existing Inkling characters will keep their Floran ship.

- New custom pet, the Frilled Dragon Slug! Coming in multiple colorful variants, these are popular pets in Inkling society, adored for their docile nature and beautiful patterns.
    -- Existing Inkling characters will keep their Floran pet.

- Tier 6 weapons are now available, along with a special weapon that can be first made at tier 5 and upgraded into one of three tier 6 models.

- All weapons, both melee and ranged, can now be customized. Customization changes the physical appearance of the weapon, its element, subtle stat changes, and often its alternate fire as well. This can be done at the Inkling Toolbox with the Color Cartridges bought from the Ammo Knights stall.
    -- Please note that all custom weapon recipes are learned upon picking up or crafting the default weapon model. This is not retroactive, please drop & pick up a weapon if you already own it but don't know the custom recipes.
    -- Not all weapons have all color variants. Blasters, chargers and assault rifles all come in only four colors, while most other weapons have four to six colors. The four-color weapons all have more distinct differences to make up for this, such as all having their own alt fire.
    -- Color cartridges can also now be crafted, with the recipe being learned upon pickup. Whether you want to craft them or buy them, that's up to you.
    -- Finally, there's a codex that can be crafted as a starting recipe at the Inkling Toolbox; it acts as a quick guide to the basics and limitations of weapon customization. It's more or less there for people who don't read descriptions.

- Brushes and Rollers of all tiers now have custom attack animations. These also change if you recolor the weapon in question.

- There are now a total of 44 different colors to choose from for your Inkling's tentacles and markings! I've added a little bit of everything, including more off-whites and muted colors.

- There are now 23 different tentacle-styles.
    -- There's a miscolored pixel on one of them. Oops! This'll be present in the inevitable hotfix update.

- Custom codices have been added! You will start with the default Protectorate codices as well as The Inkling Primer; you can make more codices at the Inkling Bookbinding Kit, which can be crafted at an Inventor's Table. These texts delve further into Inkling culture and lore, some being written by actual cephalopods while others are written by other species. Hopefully you'll get answers to some of your questions, and learn some new things!
    -- Some codices have their recipes learned by picking up other items or by crafting default-recipe codices. One of them in particular requires you to craft a certain tier 6 helmet in order to learn it, so keep an eye out.

- Inklings now have a lot more to say about the world around them! Examine something, and you might get a bit of unique text on that object. Right now, all racial objects, generic objects, and a few others have dialogue. More will be added in future updates.
    -- Yes, about 65% of this dialogue is not serious. Inklings are not serious creatures. A lot of their observations make logical sense but can be fairly goofy, and they're highly motivated by food + shiny stuff + glowing lights.

- Inkling guard tenants can now be summoned, ranging from tier 1 to tier 4. They carry their own racial weapons and tend to wear ink tanks on their backs.
    -- Note that the initial summoning of any Inkling tenant will display error codes in your Starbound.log: however, there shouldn't be any errors actually affecting gameplay or functionality. I do not know why this is happening at this time, but the NPCs themselves are functional as they are.

- A few more Charms have been implemented, including Tenacity, Haunt, and Quick Respawn. Some of them might have predictable effects: others, not so much. Some effects are not immediately visible, either.
    -- The Comeback Charm is still being heavily tested for functionality and cost-effective benefit. It may be tweaked or downright removed in the future.

- Inkling merchants now carry a lot more stuff besides just basic weapons. Some might come bearing food or other goodies.

- Added the Can of Sardines as the Inkling equivalent for the Canned Food. You can find a few in your ship as you start off, or get them from the craftable vending machine object.
    -- [obligatory joke about freshness]

- Added some new objects: the Inkling Vending Machine, the Inkling Bookbinding Kit, and various ship assets.

- Added a few new clothes to the vendors. They also now all sell t1 and t2 armor, and Ammo Knights sells the basic model of all weapons.
    -- I hope you like the Short Beanie, it's one of my favorite hats so far!

- Almost all Inkling food can now be learned on pickup if you're not an Inkling.
    -- Recipes involving use of the Vial of Squid Ink are restricted, because non-Inklings don't have a ready source of squid ink to use. Biological limitations and all that! Sorry, you'll just have to have all your cephalopod friends make those tasty dumplings for you.

- Inklings now have a custom hurt/damaged noise. Similar custom NPC chatter noises will come eventually once I figure out how to implement them.

- Fixed oversized names on some customized weapons. Suffixes are Fr (blue), Tx (green), Bl (orange), Ch (purple), Ex (red or pink), and Il (yellow).

- T5 Blaster line didn't have alt fire for some reason; they now have alt fire in line with their T6 upgrades.
    -- T3 and T4 Blasters don't have abilities because they're strong enough already. You only need so much Damage Up on a Blaster, you know?

- Various and assorted bug fixes. For one, the Anchor Tee shouldn't have a mysterious floating extra chunk on male Inklings anymore.

- Compatibility with the A.V.I.A.N. mod has been fixed. Well, it's been fixed, but I figured I'd add that in this update.
Return to update list...