1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. V1.1.0 Initial Beta: Well, that took awhile.

Marinebeast
    I don't really want to call this 100% finished, because Starbound is refusing to work whatsoever on this computer. It boots up fine, doesn't toss errors, but it's constantly freezing up and running at <1 FPS planetside.

With no NPCs or weather or anything going on.
    Yikes.

In short, I haven't been able to test much of this at all in-game because of the FPS problems, but everything should be working otherwise.
    Please report any and all problems so I can patch them while I still have the free time to do so!

------------------------------

V1.1.0 Initial Beta ~ Changelog

-------------------------------

- Bugfixes:
    -- Tier 4 guard Inkling tenants are no longer taking priority over other species.
    -- Your pet nudibranches should be back where they belong.
    -- Late-game recipes have been tweaked to be possible now; they were previously impossible without admin commands due to items that were removed in this build of Starbound. Oops!
    -- Other issues here and there that I can't remember as well as the above ones.

- Objects:
    -- The Inkling Flag has been replaced with the Squid Beakon, which is a lot more lore-friendly for these squiddos. It still has the same functionality and everything, just different flavor text + sprite + animation.
    -- Added various and assorted objects, both decorative and functional. As usual, all of these can be crafted at the Inkling Crafting Table, under the furniture section.
    -- Some existing objects have had their shading redone slightly for the sake of looking nicer.
    -- Added a custom teleporter, which can be purchased at the 1Stop Teleshop at the Outpost. It can also be crafted by Inklings at the Inkling Crafting Table with a Teleporter Core, 2k pixels, and 10 Filter Cartridges of the color of teleporter you want. (You can buy Filter Cartridges from Ammo Knights, or you can craft your own after initially buying them.)

- Items:
    -- Added the 7 IUDB Data Drives, which are 3d-printable items accessible to all races. Using these items will automatically teach your character a variety of Inkling recipes, which vary depending on the drive you use! However, they won't teach you absolutely everything-- after all, Inklings are naturally secretive towards other races, and don't want to share all their secrets.
    -- Added 1 new food that can be crafted into one of 2 recipes. Of course, you can just eat the base form, too. You can find this food item at vending machines, or make it yourself with 3 Wheat.
    -- The Vial of Squid Ink is now 3d printable for all races to work with the above recipes. Inklings can also 3d print it if they really want to, but it's easier to just make a glass vial and spit in it, right?
    -- Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs, and all three Burst Bombs have had their damage buffed significantly to make them more worthwhile.
    -- The machine pistol line has been slightly buffed damage-wise.
    -- A few crafting recipes have been tweaked.

- Other:
    -- Added a ton more names to the custom namegen, courtesy of my girlfriend.
    -- Added another codex.
    -- Added a fourth Nudibranch color morph.
    -- Added a fun surprise for all of you music-lovers out there.
    -- Finished and implemented custom Inkling descriptions for all Biome-folder objects.
    -- No respawn animation yet, sorry! It will happen eventually, but not now.
Return to update list...