1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. V1.2.0B -- Fresh Summer Changes!

Marinebeast
    oh hey new splash image!! nice.

[​IMG]

Anyways, my gf has a fantastic laptop that plays Starbound so smoothly, so testing has, similarly, been smooth. :') Here's the result of all that TLC!

====================

- Added an alternate tier 5 accelerator armor set, based off of the fresh new look that Octoling Soldiers are sporting for Splatoon 2. It has the same stats as the normal tier 5-A set... for now.

- Added an alternate ink tank, based off of the design in Splatoon 2. This one buffs maximum health instead of maximum energy. There's also a third ink tank now, based off of nothing in particular, that might help you with breathing problems..

- Added more hairstyles, bringing the grand total to 33! Most of these are based on, or are variants of, the ones in Splatoon 2, while the others are just ideas that sort of happened.

- Added an assortment of wigs, for those who want to have differently-colored eyes or markings while sporting a specific look! They can be crafted at the Inkling Crafting Table.
    -- There are 8 base craftable wig colors, and then 5 wigs that are alternate versions of assorted tiered headgear (which, upon being crafted, unlock the wig recipes).

- Added a couple of wigs based off of our brand-new newscasters, Pearl and Marina! You can find these at Cooler Heads. (These cannot be dyed yet. They will be in the future. Maybe.)

- You can find the Snorkel at Cooler Heads as well, too.

- Added a few more objects for everyday squid life; they're all easily crafted at the Inkling Crafting Table.

- Overhauled NPCs/tenant files. Villagers can now be recruited for your ship crew, give quests, and have a little more versatility now. Inkling merchants have more interesting stuff now, too.

- Cleaned up NPC dialogue. NPCs have custom greetings for Inkling-species players now, Inkling guards properly vocalize their annoyance at you having a weapon, and so on and so forth. All that good stuff.

- Added tier 5 guards; unlike their brethren, they have different weapons and armor.

- Inkling NPCs can drop interesting stuff now if you decide to cut them down. Which would be terrible of you, really. Guards can rarely drop armor or weapons, and most Inklings will drop ink upon death. Because, you know, they're made of it.

- Oh, look, I fixed custom object descriptions. Most of them weren't working due to patching paths being weird. I also added a few more here and there, since I would like to finish descriptions for every object in the vanilla game eventually.

- Added another nudibranch color palette.

- The Sassy Idol's Wig now glows if in the armor slot. It doesn't glow if it's in the cosmetic slot. Take your pick, it should've glowed originally anyways.

- Removed the Colorful Bookbinding Kit and moved codices to the fourth tab of the Inkling Crafting Table.
    -- Sorry about that spontaneous green block now sitting on your table, but for what it's worth, I did post a warning on the Steam mod page. ;)

- Removed clothes from the Spinning Wheel and put them in the third tab of the Inkling Crafting Table.

- I think I fixed the ship-image glitch in the tutorial???? lmao I have no idea
Return to update list...