1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

StarBender 1.7

StarBender - Drain the power from 72 materials - Pleased Giraffe

1. marac008
    starbender_cover.png

I present you the Starbender mod. Mod which enables you to harness the power of the materials. Drain power from 72 types of material, each type of material gives your Starbender special kind of power. To make your exploration even easier craft Starbender Rods which will make you more powerful as you will advance through the game.

Installation:
    Download WinRAR (if you already don't have it), put StarBender_1.5.rar in mod folder, right click on it and then click Extract here.

When you are done, folder has to look like this:
    .../steam/steamapps/starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/Starbender/...

Video:

Screenshots:

Key inputs:
    1. Mount activation - F button
    2. Primary fire - Left Mouse Button
    3. Drain material - Right Mouse Button
    4. Mining - G Button

Features:
    - Starbounder has the ability to drain power from all materials in the game, that means you have to transform into Starbounder press Right Mouse button and drain the power of the material.
    - Each of 72 materials will give you unique power, or in other words different kind of projectile.
    - 6 Starbender Rods for each kid of planet threat (Harmless, Mostly Harmless, Moderate, Risky, Dangerous, Extreme).
    - When entering liquid materials you will instantly transform to that liquid

Usable materials:

How to use it:
    First you have to craft Starbender Station, which you can find where all the other default recipes are (press button "C"). Then get the necessary ingredients to craft Starbender tech. After you craft Starbender activate it at your tech station and press F button to transform (have in mind that Starbender is big and you will need at least 5 blocks of flat surface to be able to transform). You can also craft Starbender Rods which make your Starbender stronger but increases power consumption as well (it is advised you use appropriate tiered armor for best efficiency).

Multiplayer:
    I didn't test this mod for multiplayer, so I can't say for sure it will work.

My other mod:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/starmount.2210/

Credits:
    Sprite Sheets - NO Body (NO Body the Dragon)
    Projectiles - various authors (Google search)

Bug report?
    If you have any kind of problem with my mod you can send me your starbound.log file which is located in .../steam/steamapps/starbound/giraffe_storage/starbound.log
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. spahgettiman
    spahgettiman
    1/5,
    Version: 1.7
    omfg FIX THE DOWNLOAD PLEASE
  2. Turtlewatcher1
    Turtlewatcher1
    1/5,
    either take it down or update it.
  3. brekky
    brekky
    2/5,
    Unfortunately this mod is broken for the new update, if I get spare time I'll try to fix it but no promises.
  4. Scatterlogical
    Scatterlogical
    1/5,
    Please update the mod or remove it! I've wasted a bunch of resources trying to make it work, now if I delete it from my mod directory it crashes the game.
  5. GoryMage
    GoryMage
    5/5,
    This mod is awesome (Im saying this now because when I got it working I forgot sorry) Also the problem with the unlocking the tech because of the new update your other mod Starmount is also having this problem
  6. cesarjunior233
    cesarjunior233
    1/5,
    Can't use the tech item in the S.A.I.L.
    1. marac008
      Author's Response
      Sorry but mod doesn't work, I haven't updated it yet, and unfortunately I don't have the time to do it. If anyone has more technical info about what has been changed that would definitely help, or they can change it themselves and send it to me and I will gladly upload it again.
  7. thegoldenpig
    thegoldenpig
    1/5,
    didn't do anything at all when tried it
    1. marac008
      Author's Response
      Sorry but mod doesn't work, I haven't updated it yet, and unfortunately I don't have the time to do it. If anyone has more technical info about what has been changed that would definitely help, or they can change it themselves and send it to me and I will gladly upload it again.
  8. maxwellman
    maxwellman
    3/5,
    Im having a issue, I made the starbender item and it wound do anything? Help?
    1. marac008
      Author's Response
  9. katos590
    katos590
    5/5,
    Can you pls update it to Glad Giraffe because it loooks awsome :D
    1. marac008
      Author's Response
      Thank you for support, and sorry that mod doesn't work, I haven't updated it yet, and unfortunately I don't have the time to do it. If anyone has more technical info about what has been changed that would definitely help, or they can change it themselves and send it to me and I will gladly upload it again.
  10. Samuel's Lab
    Samuel's Lab
    5/5,
    AMAZING MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I BET IT WILL BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    1. marac008
      Author's Response
      Thank you :)