1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[Starbound 1.0+] Tanz' Lighting Overhaul! 1.4.1

Overhauled lighting system with loads of customization!

1. Icekat8
    Icekat8
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.5.1
    Lighting changes sounds trivial, but oh wow what a impact it has! A absolute must need mod for everyone, keep up the great work!
  2. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.4
    Love how this mod is developing! Continue the great work!
  3. SovietUNICORN97
    SovietUNICORN97
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.3
    I was amazed by how much the gameplay improved with such a simple change.
  4. Altered_Nova
    Altered_Nova
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    Great mod that adds a lot of realism to the game. Love the customization options.
  5. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    A lot of work feels like it was put into this. The customization options really make it the best lighting overhaul I've seen yet.
  6. Derpforger
    Derpforger
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    youll love dis, just remember youll be finding alot less foreground ore x3
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      The Matter Manipulator doubles as an ore-seeking tool! c: That's half the fun. The little blue box (heh) highlights the tiles you hover over, letting you use it as a sort of metal detector.
  7. Timmothythederpygamer
    Timmothythederpygamer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I love Lighting overhaul mods, i always had used one in every version, and now i get to have this greatly made mod! thanks!

just a tip or something, but is there any kind of possibility that you could make maybe different levels/files of the mod? one that is a slightly dim, one that is this mod, and one where it does not penetrate a block, ya know, just to give players a choice of light, and i certainly wouldn't want you to needlessly make a separate identical mod but just a bit tweaked.

just a tip or something though, never the less, i still Love this mod! and great work with it!
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      I'm going to release different 'levels' later tonight. Possibly tomorrow morning. c: Somne mod support is also coming, so I've been fairly busy because of this. Which is awesome!
  8. Dragon56
    Dragon56
    5/5,
    Класс!
  9. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Fantastic mod! I really hope this modder considers adding mod comparability to mods like fracken and Pixel goods store too!
    1. TanzNukeTerror
      Author's Response
      As separate .modpak files, I probably will! c: It's fairly easy, with how I managed to do things. c: I plan to have at least one mod supported by 10pm PST tonight. (Five hours from now.)
  10. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    4/5,
    I really like how every light source casts a shadow. That must have taken awhile to go through each light object in the game. Kudos. I don't like how light still travels through materiel a bit. I had to go in and change a few values to make it more intense for my preferences.