1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Mysterymon630
    Mysterymon630
    5/5,
    Version: 0.17
    I love this mod my favorite are the {Singularnosti}
  2. Cream Puff
    Cream Puff
    5/5,
    I love this mod, Lunarians are my absolute favorite! I only wish I could have made a chocolate bunny
  3. BlitzGazer
    BlitzGazer
    5/5,
    Designs of the races are very creative and unique, Thank you for sharing this mod.
  4. cloudmonet
    cloudmonet
    5/5,
    thank you for this mod, the amount of work put into the new races is amazing !!
  5. Tranzet
    Tranzet
    5/5,
    Thank you for this, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates!!
  6. Saint Apollyon
    Saint Apollyon
    5/5,
    Still one of my favorite mods to this day. I especially love the two new additions!
  7. LexyV
    LexyV
    4/5,
    Version: 0.13
    I do like your mod a lot, especially the barometta.

I have a question however: could you please help me out as to how to only add one of the races (barometta in this case), since I smashed a whole bunch of mods together and eg. I already have a bunny race etc.
    I tried to remove all the stuff from the other races, or replace another race mod all with barometta stuff, both didn't work. Also tried your 'myrace' mod (though it appears outdated). I do not get any crash reports either.

Are you possibly going to make a seperate mod for each race?
    If so I'd like to help come up with lore, help testing etc.

Sorry for the whole story, but I'd really like to only have barometta in there.
    Lexy ^^
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      Unless I'm mistaken, going to ../interface/windowconfig/charactercreation.config.patch and deleting/commenting out all of the adds except for the Barometta should disable all of the other races on the character creation screen without removing any of their content (which you may or may not want to, once they start having NPCs/towns/etc.)

It's ostensiably a community mod, so any and all help is welcome! Feel free to drop me a PM any time.

Individual mods for each race is something I've waffled on a fair bit. I'd like it to happen in principle, but it's something I really don't want to have to try to maintain.
  8. Shinki
    Shinki
    5/5,
    Glad to hear you're still working on this. Even though /sbg/ is effectively nonexistant now, I'm very glad to see you're keeping up.
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      if i can stop being a lazy toolbag, i might even try updating it in the week i have before summer classes start :')
  9. Guadaña
    Guadaña
    5/5,
    Love this, hope it keeps growing!
  10. EndlessTetris
    EndlessTetris
    5/5,
    I love this mod, and I love all the races in it! I hope all the races will get fleshed out soon!
    1. Wall of Knowledge
  11. Heartfinder Chipepe
    Heartfinder Chipepe
    5/5,
    A nice addition to the usual humdrum collection of creatures. I'd love to see their ships when it's done... Especially for the Gamayun... Maybe something that's as strange as they are? Floating orbs with invisible bridges?
  12. DDSilver
    DDSilver
    5/5,
    Love this mod! I really like the slimes. Was wondering if you needed any help with lore or custom inspect remarks? Also, do the races spawn naturally as settlements randomly in the world?
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      The lore is mostly hammered out (except for the Gamayun, and carriontrooper is in charge of the lore for the Carodonts and Singularnosti), but custom inspect remarks would be MASSIVELY helpful!

There aren't any settlements currently, but they are planned.
  13. Laraminus
    Laraminus
    5/5,
    Thanks for this really good mod!
    Using Barometta and really enjoying it.
  14. Faithful32
    Faithful32
    4/5,
    Lot's of races, but really needs that Racial Abilities right about now.
  15. Grave
    Grave
    5/5,
    I like the races, but some Race Abilities not working?
    Hoping for some new updates like race armor and ship? ^^
  16. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE THE SNOSTI AND NOW THE GOD DAMM MARLI ARE COMMING DUDE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS NOW YESSSS PLS GIVE THE MARLI A POSION RACE ABLLITY PLEASSE
  17. cronus2233
    cronus2233
    5/5,
    Thank you for the wonderful MOD. Any solutions for gamayun, how hide leg and arm part of clothes but not hide chest part?Sorry for my bad english.
  18. Krod2
    Krod2
    5/5,
    Great MOD! Fantastic work! Can't wait to see to see the full features!
  19. Yarott
    Yarott
    5/5,
    Version: 0.12
    We need this updated. Starbound 1.0 is here. And I had this on my watch list for god knows how long.
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      Soon! Now that other mods have hit 1.0, it's a lot easier to see what I need to fix to get it up and running, so that's a work actively in progress.
  20. Ap-Doge
    Ap-Doge
    4/5,
    Version: 0.12
    The mod is very well made, the sprite work is great and so far I'm digging it! Although there is room for improvement I can't say much for I was not gifted with drawing skills,
    The only issue I recently had with this mod was a crash related to complications (literally fucking up any sort of laws of physics while in the ship).
    But I highly doubt It's the mod's fault.
    The mod looks good, feels natural and plays well, good job.