1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivalist Mod 2.13

WILL YOU SURVIVE?

1. Durlock
    Survivalist Mod Version 2.13
    Needs New Character? YES
    (old characters are still usable, but you need a new one to get the new ship)

Introduction: In 2014, one of the most unforgiving mods was born. By the hand of modder antonsenlarsen, Survivalist Mod destroyed nearly 3000 players with its difficulty.
    Saddly, in 2015, the childish features that made Starbound what it is today drove the graet modder mad, and this mod was left to rot. Many have tried to revive Survivalist but to no avail, until…..
    firstlogo.png

What is Survivalist Mod??
    This mod gives a new challenging experience to Starbound. Forget the childish aspects, the boring features and the easy way out, Survivalist will try to kill you! WILL YOU SURVIVE?

20160322154948_1.jpg 20160322155504_1.jpg 20160322162200_1.jpg 20160323131401_1.jpg 20160325143852_1.jpg

Features:
    -Different tiers and slower progression (say goodbye to the Outpost)
    -New monsters and biomes with new sfx!
    -Unforgiving weather
    -Monster aggression tunned up
    -You eat? You POOP!
    -New weapons and crafting systems
    -New crafting stations
    -Every object breaks on removal (even torches!)
    -More exciting music
    -The addition of dDefinder’s Blood Mod
    -New equipment to replace Techs
    -Fuel has to be crafted
    -Guns!
    -New farmable!
    -New clothing
    -New spaceship
    -Pixels are replaced with SP
    -Less HP for you, more HP for monsters
    -Increased gravity
    -Increase in breath depletion rate
    -Change to the interface
    -No more quests. The progression is marked by the character’s needs and thoughts
    -New Codex entry (Tips and mechanics)
    -New drops
    -Replaced the white pods with piles of bones
    -Better sapling sprites

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:

This mod changes almost every asset in Starbound and it's likely it won't work well with other mods. Combine at you own risk!

Almost every dungeon in-game has been removed. If you find one, it's prolly becaue I messed up.

IF CREATING A NEW CHARACTER IN A NEW UNIVERSE, WAIT A COUPLE OF SECONDS FOR IT TO RANDOMLY GENERATE. IN THAT TIME, AI CONSOLE WON'T BE ACCESIBLE. IT'S NOT A BUG!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Instructions:
    1. Remove all mods from the mod forlder.
    2. Back up all your Vanilla/Other mods player, universe files.
    3. Download the mod, extract the folder and paste it in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods.
    4. SURVIVE

FINAL COMMENT:

All credit for the creation of the original SurvialistMod goes to antonsenlarsen and his original helpers (which I didn't have access to). Almost every asset was inspired on the original mod one, but had to be done from scratch due to the various patches since then.

If anyone wants to modify Survivalist 2.0, I only ask to give credit to the original modder and me.

IF YOU ARE A MODDER AND CAN MOD DUNGEONS (or anything else), AND IF YOU WISH TO BE PART OF ONE OF THE BEST MODS IN STARBOUND, PM ME!

Shout-out to Wilkenfeld, whose amazing graphic skills helped me make some cool visual effects!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. SM AND STARBOUND 1.0 ANNOUNCEMENT
  2. SORRY
  3. New Ships!

Recent Reviews

1. slave_of_internet
    slave_of_internet
    5/5,
    Version: 2.13
  2. Starbound Modder [IDN]
    Starbound Modder [IDN]
    3/5,
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! .YOU DELETED THE FILES ? I WAITING SOO LONG FOR THIS MOD AND IT DELETED ?!
  3. Descher
    Descher
    1/5,
    Download link is broken as all hell.
  4. broniegamez
    broniegamez
    5/5,
    Very good I played it with an earlier version but the new download is broken it just opens dropbox and thats it
  5. SALADEPLANET
    SALADEPLANET
    4/5,
    sup i downloaded the mod cleared my mod file and still nothing help me if you have the time thanks
  6. Sonsalt
    Sonsalt
    5/5,
    This is a great mod, for everyone who loves a challenge. It makes survival much harder and gives a bit of a DayZ feeling to STARBOUND.
  7. vhgiv
    vhgiv
    5/5,
    Can't wait to get back into this Mod.... Though I am a complete noob and takes me forever to just do simple tasks! Darn you Work! And other stuff happening in my life! Why must you be so eventful at times!!!

Thanks for the mod! Great to have you back!
  8. Joncras
    Joncras
    5/5,
    I love so much this mod but, i can't download it, the file gone.
    Dropbox don't want me to play this mod D:
    1. Durlock
      Author's Response
  9. Fluffy-Bunny
    Fluffy-Bunny
    5/5,
    Version: 2.12
    I'm so happy to see this mod back! Thanks a lot! I've test it until i got the first sniper and so far it work well. :)

I do feel like it is easier than it was in 2014... i thought that the monsters were way more stronger and the "rare" drop were harder to get back then.

Is the alien from the exploding meteor still a thing? i've got a score to settle with them.... ;)
    1. Durlock
      Author's Response
      SM 1 used a custom LUA for the behavior of monsters that made them different from vanilla. Sadly, I'm not a good a programmer as he was, but I'm working on it :)

As for the meteor monsters, they are in SM, although not implemented. I really wanted to add 'invasion weather' but just wasn't able to make it work :(
      The monsters do work, but I wanted the weather and it peased me off that I wasn't able to do it.
      FrackinUniverse did implemented (not the weather, just the monster)
  10. Grom PE
    Grom PE
    4/5,
    Version: 2.11
    As an avid Better Than Wolves/Minecraft player I'm always looking for a good challenge in other games. Starbound became quite easy a while after its initial release, and I hoped a mod would fix it someday.

This mod provides an interesting challenge (if a little unfair) in the early game, but then quickly dissolves into an unbalanced mess with lots of surplus items and grinding for others. It throws away many mechanics of the original game but doesn't provide much on its own yet.

That said, the mod is a move in the right direction and I had fun playing it mostly until the repair of the FTL chip.