1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Temperature Returns [UG] v0.5.1 ( Hot Fix )

Bringing Back Temperature Mechanics to Starbound

1. The | Suit
    EXPERIMENTAL PROOF OF CONCEPT MOD
    ====================================
    This mod is a revitalization of the temperature system removed from starbound. It brings back the classical system as well as adds new features.

NOTE THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY - FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE CODE TO SEE HOW IT WORKS. THIS MESSAGE WILL BE REMOVED WHEN READY FOR GENERAL PUBLIC USE. THIS MOD MODIFIES CORE FILES. CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED WITHOUT FRESH CHARACTER AND UNIVERSE.

READ UPDATE TAB FOR MORE UP TO DATE FEATURE LIST.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/temperature-returns.2475/updates

CURRENT FEATURES as of v.05
    • Players heat holds upto 6000 units.
    • Player has side effects when cold is below 33% and heat is above 75% of max
    • Planets have a Morning Temperature and Night Temperature set through JSON
    • Planets have a rate of temperature variation set through JSON
    • Planet temperature can be accessed through an object
    • Armor modifies rate of change of temperature ( for better and worse ) (JSON)
      • Avoid wearing cold armor in hot planets. You will heat up!
    • Getting Wet modifies how fast you get cold - or cool off based on the circumstances (JSON)
      • Which includes jumping into water or walking in the rain!
    • Objects give off heat (JSON)
      • But you must stand directly in front of them - this is due to a SB limitation as AOE was removed.
    • Enemy projectiles can make you colder or hotter (JSON)
    • Almost all armors now modify temperature based on a percentage
    • Cooling Foods: Bottled Water, Tropicana Punch, Banana Ice Cream
    • Warming Foods: Coffee (flatwhite), fish stew, meat stew, toast
    • Currently no warming objects implemented - due to lack of AoE status effect support by SB Engine for objects.
    • Weather Effects: Rain \ Snow \ Ice Storm \ Ember apply effects which increase or reduce your temperature at a faster rate
    • All BIomes Modify Temperature
    • New Biome Status Effect - which tells you if the biome is cold or warm type.
    VISION
    • The idea of this mod is essentially 2 fold. To create an easy API that allows anyone who wants to mod in temperatures features to do so easily with basic understanding of JSON.
    • To allow modders who know LUA to create a more robust temperature environment with their mod.
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • Weather effects can cause your shield to be activated.
    • Game is still pretty unbalanced. Please report balancing issues in discussion tab.
    REPORT BUGS IN LINK BELOW

IF YOU WISH TO HELP
    • Right now I am looking for people to help balance the numbers based on vanilla progression. The values are displayed in starbound.log. Please make balance recommendations in discussion tab. This will help speed up the development of the mod immensely.

WIKI \ GITHUB RESOURCE PAGE FOR MODDERS + PLAYERS
    https://github.com/xxswatelitexx/Starbound_Temperature/wiki

LICENSE
    You are free to distribute the mod with your modpak - add modifications to this mod. After all this mod is meant to be an API where others can write variations for.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    OmnipotentEntity, Metadept, MrMagical, Astral, healthire and anyone else I may have accidentally forgotten.

NOTE THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY - FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE CODE TO SEE HOW IT WORKS. THIS MESSAGE WILL BE REMOVED WHEN READY FOR GENERAL PUBLIC USE. THIS MOD MODIFIES CORE FILES. CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED WITHOUT FRESH CHARACTER AND UNIVERSE.

PROOF OF CONCEPT GIFS

COLD TEST

In the cold test the character was intentionally started at freezing temperatures.
    As you can see the the temperature of the character continues to drop the character takes
    damage as well as movement speed becomes significantly impaired.

In order to prevent a 5 minute video the rate of temperature drop was increased drastically to show you the effect in action.

The movement speed is directly related the temperature which means when heating up
    the speed will increase proportionally.

[​IMG]

XXSWATELITEXX's ZOMBIE MOD LICENSE
    If for some reason I do not login to my account for a period exceeding 3 months from the last resource update of this mod. I hereby grant permission to any modder who wishes to take over the project to do so. Only attribution is required.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. ikihi123
    ikihi123
    5/5,
    Version: [UG] v0.5.1 ( Hot Fix )
    this mechanic needs to come back
  2. MLGPaintBrush
    MLGPaintBrush
    5/5,
    Is it bad that when i looked at this mod it didnt have the warning saying it was experimental. well now i need to start a new character. so thanks for giving me more reasons to play.
  3. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    My most anticipated mod for Starbound. Playing with permadeath isn't as fun without the constant, looming threat of death.
  4. tomatelopes
    tomatelopes
    5/5,
    Version: [Upbeat Giraffe] v.05
    Perfect! Now we just need Hunger and Thrist.
  5. myomi13
    myomi13
    5/5,
    Version: [Upbeat Giraffe] v04
    Keep up the good work! I hope this becomes an official mod and I'm just glad there's an effort to restore and improve this feature.
  6. Kaireo
    Kaireo
    5/5,
    Version: [Upbeat Giraffe] v.03
    Long live temperature!
  7. ucantketchup2me
    ucantketchup2me
    5/5,
    Version: [Upbeat Giraffe] v.01
    nistalga