1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated The Chisel Mod v 1.7.2

A balanced one-handed mining tool!

1. Gahtao
    The Chisel Mod
    By Gahtao
    For Beta v. Spirited Giraffe

Please check out the mod I'll be working on from now on:
    More Weapon Options

Hi Gahtao here :disshappy:
    This is my first mod so bear with me.

Remember to rate if you used my mod :)

This mod currently adds:
    Chisels
    -Copper Chisel, craftable at the anvil
    -Silver Chisel, craftable at the anvil
    -Golden Chisel, craftable at the anvil
    -Platinum Chisel, craftable at the metalwork station
    -Diamond Chisel, craftable at the metalwork station
    Mauls
    -Copper Maul, craftable at the Anvil
    -Silver Maul, craftable at the Anvil
    -Golden Maul, craftable at the Anvil
    -Platinum Maul, craftable at the metalwork station
    -Diamond Maul, craftable at the metalwork station
    Iron-Grip versions: craftable at the anvil
    -Copper Chisel/Maul/Pickaxe
    -Silver Chisel/Maul/Pickaxe
    -Golden Chisel/Maul/Pickaxe
    Steel-Grip versions: craftable at the metalwork station
    -Platinum Chisel/Maul/Pickaxe
    -Diamond Chisel/Maul/Pickaxe
    Randomly generated Items as loot
    -Screwdriver
    -Electric Chisel
    -Thor's hammer on a stick
    -The Fish on a Stick
    -The Reverse Maul

The chisels work exactly the same as a pickaxe except it's one-handed, mines a little faster than their pickaxe equivalent and has 1x1 radius (when you hold shift it becomes a 2x2 radius) instead of a 3x3.

Mauls also work like pickaxes. The only difference is that they are slower, but hit more, plus they have higher durability

You install this mod just like most other mods:
    >go to your mods folder within the starbound folder (C:\...\starbound\giraffe_storage\mods)
    >place the .zip file there
    >extract it in that location
    >delete the .zip
    >enjoy! ;)

I'm currently adding more chisels and balancing them more (please comment if you think they're unbalanced and I'll look into it). I'm also trying to make them less OP on trees, but I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to do that (any help on this from more experienced modders would really be appreciated :)).
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

Special thanks to:
    Crisium: for coming up with the idea of steel handles.
    sayter: for making chisels possible in the form of loot, he really helped and explained a lot.

I hope you guys enjoy this mod and here:
    :lickitung::kitten::kitten2:
    Have some kitties running towards a tongue
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    sayter, Crisium and Kientero like this.

Recent Updates

1. Long time no see...
  2. More Mauls
  3. Pickaxes?

Recent Reviews

1. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    4/5,
    Version: v 1.7.0
    Great idea, and very well-made. One thing, though: the Mauls are very slow to the point that the blocks almost regenerate completely before the tool hits them again! It would be a lot more efficient if it had a slightly higher swing speed.
    1. Gahtao
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review :)
      I'll look into the maul thing, but I didn't notice it while testing myself... Thanks again and I hope you enjoy using my mod :)
  2. Maks2123
    Maks2123
    5/5,
    Version: v 1.6.0
    If this mod will countinue to grow maybe it will be added to the featured list ! And you know what happens to mods that are featured and don't hange the gameplay too much or do as dewelopers itend it... they get added... to the... game... or the author get's hired, we will see how it will turn out with this one ;)
    1. Gahtao
      Author's Response
      Man oh man oh man, I can only hope for that to happen... I'll make sure to keepnadding stuff which fit in. Anyways... Thanks for the positive review :)
  3. Crisium
    Crisium
    5/5,
    Version: v 1.3.0
    Version 1.3.0 review
    The spawning and leveled loot chisels in random chests that are in line with player progress was a great add, and works great it melds well into the game as if there from the start. I can't wait to see what new ideas you come up with and or add to this one next, Keep up the great works Brah.
    1. Gahtao
      Author's Response
      Thanks man, I'll make sure to keep updating this mod. I really appreciate your reviews and I hope you'll keep reviewing my updates untill the end, as long as you're honest while doing so. Thanks again :)
  4. Crisium
    Crisium
    5/5,
    Version: v 1.2.0
    Great idea works like the mod say, Chisels are well mad what more do you need, go chisel some stuff.
    1. Gahtao
      Author's Response
      Haha, thanks for the review.
      You upped my new update to 5 stars and I'm greatful for it.
      Really, really thank you. I hope you enjoy my mod.
  5. Maks2123
    Maks2123
    5/5,
    Version: v 1.1.0
    Great idea ! Looking up for more mods from you, if they will have a certain quality level I could give you an mod idea that I once had but newer done and if I would try it myself it would end up looking like poop.
    1. Gahtao
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review :) You're the first to review my mod, so you upped my average to 5 stars, so really, thank you :)
      If you want to give me a mod idea you can just PM me, I'd really appreciate it. Keep in mind that I might also be unable to create it. But really, really, really thank you all the same.

Greetings,
      Gahtao